36

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon was up before Jisung, the black-haired boy still turned on his side with the covers pulled to his chin, peacefully asleep. She sat up in her bed, eyes still adjusting a little to the peeks of daylight that streamed inside through her spaces in between both curtains. 

It was already nine in the morning, quite early for her who would wake up past midday whenever she got the chance of a blessed day off. 

She slipped out of her bed, walking towards the bathroom to wash her face, brush her teeth and generally freshen up. 

Despite sleeping really late, her body didn't ache at all nor did she felt the aftereffects of staying up last night as she usually would. 

Strangely, she felt good. 

Ecstatic almost as she recalled the day before.
A smile spread onto her lips uncontrollably and she felt a rush of exhilaration shoot through her body. 

When she was back inside her room, Jisung was already up and sleepily walking towards the bathroom after mumbling a low high, his voice a little rougher and deeper due to being awoken from his slumber. 

She drew back the curtains, allowing the room to be warmly embraced by sunlight before she made the effort to clear up her bed. 

She noticed Jisung had already neatly made his bed after waking up, folding the sheets perfectly. 

Hayeon was about to leave her room, fuelled by her grumbling stomach to make a good breakfast when her phone ringing stopped her. She turned back, leaving the door ajar as she went to pick up the call.
It was an incoming videocall from Yuqi, and she swiped to accept. 

The sulky face of the Chinese girl came into view, the background showing the university she attended as she was sat at a spare bench, eating away at some snacks. 

"Hey, how came you've been missing my calls?". She questioned, furrowing her brows before popping a piece of chocolate into her mouth.
"Do you know how worried I was? Especially when you just suddenly packed your bags and went to Daejeon". 

Hayeon sported a similar apologetic pout. "Sorry, sorry". She drawled out, blowing a kiss to her. "Are you at uni right now?". 

She nodded, sighing. "Yeah, I had a really early lecture which just ended a little while ago so I came out to eat. My next lecture is in two hours so I'm gonna study in the library until then. Gotta cram finish all those assignments". 

"Dang, sounds harsh". Hayeon shuddered. 
"Right, not all of us are lucky to land great job in our early twenties like someone". She teased, enviously. "You're so lucky". 
"Don't worry". The younger laughed. "You're so smart and hard-working, you'll land a great job too once you've completed uni". 

She was so immersed in talking with her friend, that she did not notice the presence of somebody else approaching her inside her room.

"Who're you talking to?".
Hayeon almost jumped out of her skin, when she heard Jisung so casually ask, as he was looking over her shoulder curiously, breaths hitting the side of her neck. 

She cursed under her breath when Yuqi's smile morphed into an expression of extreme shock and astonishment. She was, the least to say, absolutely flabbergasted. Her mouth and eyes were both agape. 
"Holy shit!". She swore, recognizing Jisung immediately. It caused his cheeks to heat up a little, unknowing it was the Chinese girl before she saw him. 

"Oh, Yuqi". He nodded, calmly.
Hayeon pinched the bridge of her nose, cheeks flushing red at his dry and unfazed response. 

"What the hell are you doing in Daejeon?". She exclaimed, unable to comprehend the situation. "And what the actual fuck are you doing in Hayeon's room so early in the morning?". She paused, before her eyes widened a fraction more. "Oh god.. did you stay over at her place yesterday night?".