32

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon stood in front of the house door, exhaling a deep breath she'd been holding before pressing the doorbell and stepping back. 

It took less than a few seconds for the door to burst open, a disoriented teenager standing there in a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt, her hair back in a messy bun. 

Her expression changed from sleepy to shocked, lips dropping open as she realized who stood at the doorstep. "Hayeon?". Mihyeon clapped a hand to her lips, quickly launching towards her sister and threw her arms around her. 

Hayeon forced a small tight laugh, embracing her back gently before pulling away with a small smile. "Hey". 

"What are you doing here? You never texted that you'd be coming over". She exclaimed, brows furrowed as they walked inside, closing the door behind them. 

The dark-haired tossed her heavy bag aside, sitting down on the couch as her younger sister poured her a glass of water, plopping down beside her curiously. 

"I messaged mum this morning. Is she not home?". 

Mihyeon shook her head. "She's gone to visit her friend. How come she didn't tell me?". She turned towards her. "How long are you here for?". 

Hayeon rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders. "Don't know". She replied. "Maybe a while? I don't have off from work though, unfortunately. I'm just going to be working online from here". 

She pushed herself off the couch, dragging her bags tiredly to her room and setting them aside. Mihyeon drew open the curtains, allowing the evening sunset to be seen more properly from the open window. 

A small sigh left the elder's lips as slipped off her coat and placed it on the chair tucked behind her small desk before shooting her sister a judgmental look regarding her choice of clothing. 

"Hey, I was napping, okay?". The younger muttered, crossing her arms begrudgingly. "I was studying math all morning and decided to rest when the doorbell rang and you showed up". 

She hummed in response. "I see. I'm gonna finish some work now". She answered quietly, glancing over towards the younger. "Do you have any homework or anything to finish up too?". 

Mihyeon pouted, nodding slowly anyways. "Fine, I'll leave. I have a history essay due tomorrow which I'm almost finished. Let's hang out after that". 

Hayeon agreed and watched her sister leave the room, closing the door behind her to leave the dark-haired in silence. A silence which she couldn't tell was peaceful or suffocating. 

Another sharp sigh escaped her lips as she fell back on her bed and closed her eyes, the imagine of none other than the black-haired boy slowly appearing into her mind. Ever since she'd left her apartment, her thoughts had been revolving solely around him. 

She stared at the ceiling, feeling guilty for not letting him know that she would be away for a few days. Especially after the conversation they'd had the night before. 

God, her mind was only filled with him. 

Hayeon rolled over on her side, outstretching her hand to grab the nearest pillow and bring it close to her chest as her eyes fluttered close again. 

She could still vividly remember his face. The way his features had been so soft and eyes gently gazing over her, the sincerity in his voice and the way her heart had almost combusted after hearing his sudden confession. 

She could feel her heartbeat intensifying just recalling the scene, throat drying nervously even though it was just in her memory. 

Focus.