23

Authors P.O.V

And she was back. 

Hayeon stood in the elevator beside the black-haired boy, a sigh involuntarily leaving her lips as they were inside the YSJ building once more. 

There was a heavy feeling in her stomach. Sometimes she didn't even necessarily feel that bad but her body reacted worse. It was a feeling she couldn't control. 

"Do I really have to get out of the elevator and walk to our weekly meeting right now?". She huffed, quietly, fiddling with her fingers. 

He glanced at her sideways with a shrug. "Or you could not show up, get a scolding, a pay-cut and maybe quit your job, run away and be broke forever?". 

Hayeon scowled, punching his arm lightly as the elevator stopped. "Thanks for comforting me". She muttered, following him out to the meeting room down the hallway. 

The two plopped down in their seats, engaging in a short conversation with the rest of the people who were already present there. A short while later, CEO Yoon walked inside with her usual tight smile before sitting down at the front. 

Only one person was missing. Hayeon's eyes scrutinised the empty chair were he would usually sit. 

"Director Kang is attending another meeting currently so we'll proceed without him". CEO Yoon stated, with a brief nod. 

Almost instantly did Hayeon's tense muscles ease and she released a breath she hadn't been aware she'd been holding as she unfolded her tightly gripped fists. 

Jisung's eyes gently grazed over her, noticing her stiff body relax and he pursed his lips. 

"Producer Hayeon, you can brief Director Kang regarding this week's meeting later, if that's alright". CEO Yoon added, passing down documents. "And submit these to him too". 

Jisung reached out for the documents first. "I'll do it". He cut in, smiling assuredly. "And I'll give these to Director Kang too". 

CEO Yoon only eyed the two oddly before starting the meeting and left the conversation completed, making the dark-haired feel relieved as she stole a glance at the boy seated beside her. 

"Thanks". She whispered in a low voice, holding eye-contact. 

He smiled. And perhaps that was the first time, that his usual smile she'd been seeing for years and years, had made her heart involuntarily skip a beat. 

...

Hayeon stifled an exhausted yawn and leant back in her chair, dismissing the soloist with a wave before temporarily closing her strained eyes. The soft familiar melody of the song she'd composed was playing through her headphones. 

She pressed her lips together, running a hand through her messy hair before her eyes fluttered open again and she cracked her knuckles before continuing on with her work. 

The producing room door opened and the black-haired boy walked inside, exhaling a rather exaggerated sigh. 

"I'm going home early". He announced. "Manager Park dismissed me early today". 

"You can't go anywhere without me". She reminded, not even batting an eyelash as she continued typing. "You have to take me home for the rest of the week, idiot". 

The boy groaned, plopping down in his seat. "Thanks for the reminder, angel. What time will you finish up then? Because I'm exhausted". He muttered. 

Hayeon logged out of her computer, shutting it down before stretching her fingers. Another tired sigh left her lips.