Chapter 81

Taehyung was stealing glances towards Irine as he was dancing with this girl he had approached and invited to the dance floor.

His hands had found their way around her waistline and their bodies were moving rhythmically to the sounds of the music, but he wasn't having fun. The only thing that existed in his head was resentment towards Irine because she had broken his heart by being interested in Jimin instead of him.

The truth still ached him in his chest to the point that he wanted to erase her from his thoughts and throw all the feelings he had for her as soon as possible. Embarking into new love adventures and getting involved with new potential love interests could help him achieve his little pathetic goal.

Or so he had thought once he had taken notice of the girl dressed in a wonder woman costume that had gotten his attention and he had ensured her company so far.

He should have been paying attention to her for that was the point but Taehyung's eyes kept finding their way towards Irine's figure, from the moment he had caught sight of her, staring his way.

It left him with some mixed feelings, the fact that Irine kept looking his way with a deadly stare, seemingly bothered by his dancing with another girl, or maybe it was just his imagination that wanted her states to be because of that reason.

Stupid, stop hoping. She will never feel anything for you. She sees you as a mere walking distraction. You have to give up on her. She made her choice and it wasn't you.

Taehyung scolded himself inwardly and tore his eyes away from Irine and back to the beautiful eyes of this new girl that he knew nothing about.

She smiled at him, without much care before she leaned closer to him and spoke near his ear, making sure he would hear her.

"I will go get us drinks. " She brushed his shoulder as she walked away and Taehyung allowed himself to follow her figure while in his mind he was searching to recall what her name was and if he had even asked her about her name yet.

"I will ask her when she gets back" He made a mental note to himself right before he turned around and made direct eye contact with Irine again, who this time turned her back on him, making sure that Miran was facing him now as the two were dancing together at some distance away.

---change of set---

Jungkook stepped out of his hotel room, now dressed on the new costume he fetched from the extra costume supplies room and having removed all the cow print paint that was all over his face.

Having erased every glimpse of his embarrassing cow costume, he walked in the corridors, heading back to the party with a new found confidence as his Batman costume surely was making him look good enough for him to leave a impactful impression on Anika when he goes and speaks to her.

This was his chance to get closer to her and even have some fun together that could potentially help her to start seeing him in another light.

Jungkook was making scenarios in his head, practicing how he should approach her and what he should say to her, because he was nervous despite the fact that he was determined to make the most out of this night.

This time I won't stutter before her. I will be normal and I will offer to buy her some drinks. It sounds natural. Yes, it will be just fine.

He encouraged himself just as the guards opened the doors for him to enter to the venue and he was met again with the familiar chaos of people,lights and music that had filled all the first floor.