Chapter 62

Namjoon was now sitting on a chair at the police station to which he had been brought in the police car as they had confiscated his vehicle.

For fifteen minutes now he had been listening to a lecture one could say, from the policeman in front of him, who had informed him of the impounding of his license plate and the keeping of his vehicle, which he had a choice to leave there and pick it up whenever his license was returned to him or he could go by tomorrow to pick it up with a tow truck and leave it on his garage, not having permission to drive the vehicle until he gets his license back of course.

The fact that they had immobilized his vehicle although annoying didn't bother him much since he had several cars in their garage at home that he could use but the fact that they had put him plus another two months without his license, had made him quite upset.

Of course, he wasn't in a position to say much as he knew that for this violation he could be run to court. And if his brother, Jin, found out about this, he would surely regret his existence for daring to get into trouble.

"Mr. Kim I hope you understand your position and something like this won't happen again." The police officer told him and Namjoon apologized a few times before thanking him and exiting his office only to find Eleon waiting in the hallway.

He looked at her with an annoyed look as in his mind he uttered an"I hate her" before ignoring her and walking away.

"You seem unhappy. Why? "She asked him, her words making him so furious that he couldn't help but turn to face her.

"What do you mean why? They took my car, I won't get my license for another two months extra from the three months I already had. I'm down to five again! And it's all because of you!" He replied aggressively pointing at her with his finger as he put blame on her.

Eleon of course gave no overt reaction but answered him with her usual expressionless face and coldness in her voice.

"I wasn't the one who went out on the streets and drove a vehicle while knowing that his driver's license had been confiscated, nor was I the one who decided to drive in broad daylight and pass through the area where I patrol. This ending is nothing but your fault. "She told him and Namjoon continued to look at her angrily now just because she was right.

"Again. I'm your adopted brother. You could have turned a blind eye. You could have just left me off with a warning."

"Sorry, I don't do that for anyone. It wouldn't be fair to the citizens who are in no way related to me. "She replied robotically and Namjoon just sighed heavily before turning and taking a few steps away from her, not wanting to discuss it any further.

Despite the nerves of the moment though, a thought crossed his mind that caused his steps to stop and his head to turn to look behind him to face her once again.

"I have a question?" he said as he took steps towards her again.

"What?"

"May I take some documents I left in the car? They are important and I need them." He told her, not intending to let those documents fall into anyone's hands but his own.

"Sure. " Eleon replied and then disappeared behind the office door that Namjoon hadn't long left behind.

It didn't take her long to exit again and after she ordered him to follow her, the two soon found themselves walking down the sidewalk, heading for the police garage where they kept the impounded vehicles.

"It's not far. Just a block away. " Eleon told him and Namjoon remained silent as now his footsteps began to coordinate with hers since they were walking side by side.