Chapter 50

Namjoon was sitting in the hidden room he had, inside his bedroom, looking towards the wall of his room that with a push of a button had given him visual access to his room, as the wall was designed that way.

The paintings of various coloured palms that covered his wall, not only served to confuse anyone that would try to find the one to open the secret passage to his secret room and personal office but also concealed the fact that the wall was like a giant double-sided mirror, leaving him able to see what was going on outside while others couldn't see anything but the usual palm paintings on the wall.

It was kind of odd, for someone to have something like that drawn in his own room but the truth was that Namjoon always had a wonder about what something would look like when he wasn't there.

What someone looked like when he wasn't around. How his lack of presence could change reality. Of course, his room was always empty as people other than him rarely came in and went out of it when he wasn't in, but the ability to observe his own room in that empty state always helped him to think on deeper levels.

So with a pencil in his hand and an open notebook in his lap, he had long since begun to create the profiles of the characters of his new novel.

Of course, this book was going to be published under his pen name, because he was a best-selling author both as someone who wrote the so-called boring books that talked about historical events and as a writer of fantasy and adventure. Those were the books he wrote using his pen name. R.M.

His family didn't know about the latter because it was his secret. His hobby. He was much criticized in the early days, telling him that his historical books wouldn't get him far and he needed to change genres but he didn't think it was necessary to follow a trend to succeed. As long as you love what you do and are good at it. But this attitude of his could be considered hypocritical if someone found out that he was writing other kinds of books and that's why he was so protective of this room and this secret.

Not everyone could understand that he was writing for the emotion of writing and not for profit alone. Not simply because he didn't need money but simply because those were his feelings towards writing.

The sound of the metronome that rhythmically filled the room had faded from his mind by now as he concentrated and as the minutes ticked by, he flipped page after page until he reached to the last character, which was important, because that character was gonna be his main villain.

It was a character that had been in his mind for a few days because he had thought of it because of Eleon. Her cold demeanour, her emotions that don't show on her face. The way she shows no mercy to anyone. The girl was just good antagonist material, Namjoon had thought.

But as his pencil began to write the character's name and moved on to the summary, Namjoon found his thoughts coming to a halt.

"An 80% android body, with few body parts that are still human. Model C95. Hair red as fire. Eyes deep and cold. Straight posture. Likes to speak very few words. Sharp mind. Supernaturally strong. Beautiful."

And there he stood. The character in his imagination certainly reminded him a little of Eleon, but from where and why would he express himself on that level about her?

Oh well, she's not bad looking. Anyway, my character would naturally be better.

He thought, having a little internal conflict with himself as he unwittingly forced himself to think about an opinion towards the beauty issue which so far hadn't crossed his mind for her.

His pencil soon began to write again until the door to his room opened and he raised his head randomly at that moment, as he could not hear the sounds that someone might be making in his room which he only has visual access to for now.

Namjoon's eyes grew wide as he saw Eleon enter, surprised since it was still too early for her to be home. The sun was still in the afternoon sky and she usually doesn't return until ten.

Namjoon watched her figure, as now unwittingly, his mind had begun to scan her for further information and his hand began to move and write, even though his eyes were only looking at her.

"She sets her bag down lightly...She shakes her hair once she has freed it from its hair tie...She stretches her back without any facial expression"

What the heck, she doesn't even feel pain?

He wondered to himself but he didn't write that part down.

"She takes off her blouse slowly. WAIT WHAT? " Namjoon panicked a bit, once he realized that Eleon was going to change clothes since she thought that she was alone in the room.

As she was now standing with her black facing him, wearing only her bra and bent down to take off her socks, Namjoon jumped out of his seat, looking for the remote that would close the wall and give Eleon the personal privacy she was entitled to as a human being.

He ended up dropping some things down in his haste to grab it as soon as he saw it but at least he had it in his hands before she took off t anything else and immediately pressed it, her figure soon disappearing from his view while he slumped to the floor, distressed.

"That woman still scares me, even when I'm not actually in the same room with her. Whew" He yelped as his hand was placed on the chest for a few moments and then he just stood up and picked up the mess he had made until he settled back into place, taking his pencil between his fingers again.

A few more features of the fictional character were scribbled on the paper without much of a flourish, until without even realizing it, he had moved on to a clean sheet of paper, where instead of words, he began to draw the character's face.

He was not someone who was good at drawing, but he always drew silhouettes of his fictional characters because it made them more vivid in his mind. From body types to the clothes, they wore to some main physical characteristics they might have had.

And for some reason, the silhouette he made for the antagonist's character ended up having a look that surprised Namjoon himself.

A character that unintentionally ended up being, much more attractive than he had originally thought.

---To be continued...