Chapter 26

Yumi and Irine had sat down for lunch in a fast food restaurant next door near the building where the two of them had their dance school. So having taken a break from classes, the two of them were passing their time at their usual place.

"Why do I feel like something is off with you today?" Yumi asked her friend, who as she had noticed had her mind travelling somewhere today, since even in rehearsals earlier Irine didn't seem to be concentrating well.

"Oh, It's nothing. A friend of mine has a problem and I can't stop thinking about it for some reason." Irine frowned as her eyes stared at her food, not feeling good about the fact that she was withholding information from her. If it had been before she'd found out that Yumi had now become Taehyung's sister and was living with them, she might have told her in a heartbeat, but now she was reluctant for her issue involved Taehyung.

"Friend? What friend? I thought I knew all your friends?" Yumi wondered momentarily and Irine just stuffed herself with food to avoid the answer.

"Anyway, what's her problem that you're thinking about it so much? Maybe I can help" Yumi offered her help since she considered the problem to be of paramount importance to have gotten her attention to such an extent.

"Well... She works part-time somewhere and let's say that she so happened to develop an alpha comfortability and friendship with one of the boss's sons. Nothing exaggerated really, or so she thought. Meanwhile, she kinda likes another guy, the brother of the one that has been friendly with her but last night, this friendly one came to her house and told her that he likes her and wants to have a relationship with her. In the middle of the night. "Irine uttered all the events that she had gone through last night and had left her without a wink of sleep as Taehyung's confession had come to her unexpectedly.

With Taehyung their relationship was not that close. Closer and more friendly than the rest of his brothers but she had never thought that the reason for that was because he had taken a liking to her. He was generally more friendly and sociable with everyone, and for that reason, she hadn't misunderstood him for a moment. But it seems she should have been more suspicious over his friendliness after all for he seemed serious about his words. Who wakes up and comes to someone's house at two in the morning to confess as a joke? For him to have done that at such an hour, meant that he meant it, right?

"Hmmm, I see... Do you have any feelings towards the friendly guy?" Yumi asked her, showing that she didn't buy that it was a friend she was talking about because no one else would have been this nervous about anyone else's love affair unless it was their own.

"Εh?... Oh, I don't know. I hadn't thought about it before, you know. That's why I'm confused. What should I do?" Irine confessed not caring much anymore since despite her fear, Yumi seemed calm and thoughtful about it.

"You should sit down and think about this well and if there's no hope for the other person, but there's a chance you might develop feelings for the friendly one, then give it a try. Do you have nothing to lose? It'll be just one more relationship, it's not like you will end up marrying him or something." Yumi joked and Irine cracked a smile thinking about how Yumi always takes things so lightly and nothing ever seems to corner her.

Honestly, she admired this in Yumi because her attitude filled others around her with positivity and made them understand that maybe sometimes life doesn't have to be taken so seriously.

"You're right. I'll sit and think about it. Thanks for your help, Yumi, you're saving me again." She gave her a quick hug before they both started laughing and then they returned their focus back to their food, with more cheery moods.  

---Time skip ---

Namjoon had returned home, carrying some things he had bought, which he put on the couch for a moment so that he could have free hands to take off his jacket.