Chapter 57

Taehyung was sitting by the pool with Bomi who had let her head rest on his shoulder while her arms were wrapped around his waist, having him in an uncomfortable position, which for her was a blissful moment.

"Uhm...don't you think you have hugged me enough by now? You have been holding me for more than ten minutes." He hesitantly decided to ask and brought his hands over her shoulders to pull her off but she only made her hug tighter.

"Bomi please, let go" Taehyung told her as softly as he could manage, feeling increasingly uncomfortable with the fact that she was touching him so much.

"I was scared, "She said suddenly and Taehyung looked down at her who now had her head buried in his chest, wondering at her words.

"What scared you?" He asked her now having managed to pull away a little as she had loosened her grip.

"Yesterday, I went with mom to for tea at Lee's house. His daughter was there with her friends and they left me with them." Bomi began to explain, her eyes now lowering towards the pool's water where they had dipped their feet.

"Did they say anything you didn't like?" Taehyung asked her as his heartbeat began to increase with worry, knowing what could happen if someone tried to break her fantasies.

He still remembers well that day, years ago, when he had come to lose patience with her and told her that he was not her prince, that he did not love her. That they were cousins and that she was the most annoying human there could be.

Her cries still rang in his ears, and the blood that was running from the scar she gave to herself, was so fresh he could almost smell it every time he was near her.

They had never thought at the time that her little obsession with him was so serious. Until she had tried to take her own life in front of his eyes. Taehyung had never felt more guilt than that day and never had he lied with such desperation to anyone as he had done before her, trying to keep her alive.

It wasn't easy, having someone's life on your back from the young age he'd had it. It wasn't easy, to understand what was going on in her mind and why there was this obsession. All he had learned was that for him there was no salvation from her and that fact sometimes made him as sad as it made him feel imprisoned.

Wherever he was to run and hide. No matter how much he was to avoid her, in the end, she needed him and he couldn't bring himself to not help her.

"They called me crazy. They said that one day I would realize that everyone hates me and that if they were to have been in your place they would kill me to get away from me." Bomi told him, now her hands having been pulled away from him and she had placed them atop of her knees.

"But my prince would never hurt me. Don't worry, I told them. It's just.. since that moment something hurts inside my head and I have a feeling of fear. "She continued, obviously showing the amount her own self had confused her.

Taehyung looked at her in silence for a while, thinking about what he should say since he didn't want to say anything that would probably make her feel worse.

"Don't listen to them, of course, I wouldn't hurt anyone. "He blurted out words that were neither lies nor gave her any specific answers and she turned and smiled at him.

"We'll always be together, won't we, my prince?" She asked him and for some reason, the love that was reflected in her eyes for him, made Taehyung feel like someone was taking his breath away.

It hurt, the fact that her love scared him, frightened him, made him feel helpless.

No one will ever love me anyway.  I want to or not, I guess... with her I'll be.

He thought and for some reason, tears came to his eyes. Something inside him felt heavy, something itched and cracked, making him show that ebony look that made Bomi's facial expression fill with wonder.

"Yes, we'll be together." He blurted out and brought a smile to his lips that was so unlike his hurt eyes.

"My prince. There is no need to cry. I know you missed me too, but I'm here now. I'll always be here for you. "She told him full of happiness and brought her hand over his, while Taehyung just lowered his head and bit his bottom lip in an attempt to get control of his emotions that had been stirring wildly.

"When we get married, I'll wear a pink wedding dress, or we could both wear white to match and I'll get a tiara with rhinestones, lots of rhinestones. "She began to daydream in her usual crazy fantasies that for some reason, hurt Taehyung more than other times.

Why was everything so bad? Why was everything that had ever hurt him, been going around in his mind without stopping at that moment? Why was the future so dark in his mind and why was there only sadness left in him?

As Bomi continued to speak her mind, his attention was now drawn away from that room. He had travelled through moments of pain, of disappointment, from the first time to the last that had been today.

A smile reached his lips as a tear rolled down his cheek and at that moment, without even thinking about it, Taehyung found himself in the pool, drenched in water that seemed to allow him to breathe more than the air he had been breathing before.

Bomi's voice calling his name with concern faintly reached his ears as he had left his body motionless to sink further into the waters of the pool.

Let me... Just a little longer, let go of me. I want the cold water to freeze my thoughts.

Don't take me out.

Leave me

A little more.

I can't breathe out there.

He pleaded in his thoughts as he closed his eyes tightly, wishing for his thoughts to fade away and take with them this piercing ache in his heart.

---To be continued...