Chapter 8: When the Business Starts!

I have always wondered how it would feel once I start working and become an independent individual. To tell the truth, I have always looked forward to that, I mean, there's nothing better than receiving your own wages and spending money the way you like, right?

Well, you see the whole paragraph above this? Just put a sock on it! It was only my first day, and I realized work is a horrible thing until the golden moment where you receive your salary, do whatever you wish with the money, and then go back to another desperate month of boredom and fatigue.

I mean, I've just been sitting here for some hours, and I am already dying for a cup of hot chocolate, a pancake, a tasty ice-cream, a love movie to watch ─wait no, scratch the last one, a love movie would be even more boring and nerve-wrecking than this!

I was sitting in my office, well, momentarily sitting, before I receive a mission call from my boss where he would shower me with his tiring orders.

Ring, ring!

The desk phone before me rang.

"Yes sir?"

"Be at my office in a minute." My master's 'tender' voice came through the other side.

And so the line went dead.

Yes, it was not really necessary for me to reply.

I knocked softly on the door of his office.

"Enter." I heard his voice.

I opened the door slowly, and entered.

I saw him behind his desk, writing something on a paper before him.

Good God, how can he manage to look so heavenly just by doing the act of writing?

He was writing with his left hand, now that I think about it, I did read in his interview that he was left-handed.

Woah! Are all left-handed dudes this alluring? My inner voice questioned, and I ignored it.

To my surprise, he was using a fountain pen while writing, I stared at the pen for a moment, and then I felt like laughing. Which era did this guy live in? Didn't he find anything easier to write with?

Okay true, there were some people till now who used fountain pens, but certainly not those with a limited time, and a very filled schedule, like Mr. Ellington, for example.

"Umm sir, isn't it hard using a fountain pen? I mean, the modern pens nowadays come with a ball at their tip, which makes it extremely easy to write using them." I stated softly.

I knew it was certainly not my place to remark, but this was one bad habit of mine, I sometimes can't keep my mouth shut when I have something to comment about!

"I already have knowledge about modern pens, Miss. But I prefer using these" he glanced at the fountain pen in his hand, as if signaling towards it,"Because I find them far more well-organized than normal ones."

I looked at the paper he was writing on, well, he was right; it was eye-catching, truthfully easy and relaxing for the eyes to read and decipher every word of his neat, yet hard handwriting.

See? I told you his fingers were magical! My inner voice exclaimed.

I blushed. Why would I care about the magic of his fingers? Plus it's just the fountain pen! I retorted.

"I-I see, sir. You are right!" I agreed.

"Si, I am. Now to our former subject, Miss, a business partner of our company will arrive at my office half an hour from now. The man is the one concerned with an expected project for the upcoming four months, the one I discussed with you an hour ago."