Annoyed traveler

Another idea from a lovely reader of mine 🫶🫶🫶

Fluff (I swear it is this time 🙏)

~~~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~~~

Aether walked up the stairs of the wangshu-inn to get to his room. What an annoying day it was for the poor traveler. So many personal problems, so many complaints, so many abyss mages, too much. It was all too much. As anyone would be, he was annoyed by the end of the day and all he wanted to do was sleep the night away peacefully.

When he got to his room (more like suite), he saw that the kitchen was a mess. Ugh. He knew exactly who did this. That damn adeptis. Never can clean up after himself. Oh but he sure can make one hell of a mess. He rolled his eyes and walked into the bedroom, ignoring the mess for now. He takes off his gear and changes into some shorts and a t-shirt.

Oh archons it felt so nice to be in comfortable and loose clothes. He stood in front of the dresser, trying to undo is hair when suddenly he got a knot in his hair. What perfect timing. He tried pulling it loose but it didn't work. He became more frustrated when he tugged at it too hard and jerked his head back, causing a yelp of pain to escape his mouth.

With anger in his eyes, he threw a bottle at the wall behind him then spotted his sword lay against the wall. He stomped over to it and put it up to his hair. Just as he was about to make a horrible mistake and chop his hair off, a rough but soft voice was heard.

"Aether. Put down the sword." Xiaos voice echoed quietly in the room. Aether realized what he was doing but he was still very pissed off so he threw the sword at Xiao but made sure not to aim it directly at him. Since he was standing in the doorway with the door open, the sword flew past him and hit the wall in the kitchen, barely missing Xiao.

Xiao understood Aethers anger which is why he didn't get upset at him. He knew he meant no harm. He slowly walked over to Aether and reached for his hair but Aether pulled away. "No! You'll mess up even more!!" He yelled but Xiao just made him turn around so he could look at it. "So you would rather cut it off? That's not like you Aether."

The adeptis lead him back over to the dresser with the mirror on it because there was a small lap on it. He began detangling Aethers hair, making sure to be very gentle, and eventually got the knot out without having to pull out any hair. Aether was surprised and calmed down a little. "I know you saw the mess in the kitchen." Xiao spoke softly.

Just before Aether could respond he spoke again. "Don't worry about it. Consider it to be done before you wake up tomorrow. Okay?" Xiao was taking out the rest of his hair for him and brushing it out. Aether smile softly at him while giggling a bit. "Hehe.. sorry for throwing my sword at you. I hope I didn't scare you.."

Xiao stopped for a moment before smiling and leaning over to kiss his cheek. "You could never scare me my love." He said while softly planting kisses on his cheek. "Oh yes. My very strong and powerful adeptis, the last yaksha living, could never be afraid of anything in his whole life!" Aether said sarcastically while turning to him and wrapping his arms around his neck.

The two of them kissed and laughed a bit before Xiao suddenly remembered something. He made Aether sit down on the bed before running to the kitchen. He came back with a plate of almond tofu, still warm enough to eat. Now Aether knew why the kitchen was such a mess. He was trying to cook for his lover before he came home. How sweet.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~~

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND I'll be updating "Pretending to be yours" soon hopefully <33

701 words