Tired Traveler

Angst but fluff

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

Aether walked through teyvat, looking gloomy as ever. He didn't have a smile on his face like he usually would or a bright attitude. Instead he was sluggish and walking slowly as he approached the wangshu-inn. It's the middle of the night and he was absolutely exhausted.

He could barely walk but he forced his body to keep going. Once he got there, the lights were still lighting up the place but no one was around which was great. He was in a horrible state anyway. The blond made it up the steps slowly but surely, got himself a room. As soon as he entered the room he tried to make it to the bed but his body gave out on him. He collapsed to his knees and his vision was suddenly blurry.

Before he could pass out he grabbed some water out of his inventory and splashed himself in the face. That sure as hell woke him up. He huffed in relief as he forced himself up to his feet again, stumbling into the bathroom. He pour more water on his face from the sink then looked up at his reflection. He looked absolutely horrible, bruises and scratches everywhere. They needed to be treated before he fell asleep or they would get infected.

The Traveler quickly took off his clothes, leaving his shorts on. He found a first aid in one of the drawers in the bathroom, quickly cleaning his wounds. In the middle of cleaning one of them though he began to feel dizzy again. This time he wouldn't be able to stop himself from passing out. His eyes rolled back and just before he fell forward someone caught him as everything went black.

When he woke up again, he was in the bed but this time there were bandages almost all over him. "You woke up fast..." a low voice spoke and Aether immediately knew who it was without looking at them. Xiao sat by the window as he admired the midnight sky.

"How long was I out?" - A

"About an hour maybe. I excepted you to sleep through the whole night." Xiao said as he looked at the tired blond who tried to sit up. He got into the bed with him, supporting him as he leaned against the bed frame. "How did you get like this Aether?" Xiao asked softly, Aether just looked at him as tears began to roll down his cheeks.

The boy suddenly bursted into tears and Xiao did everything he could to comfort him while he cried. "I- I don't know what I'm doing anymore Xiao.. I can't-" Aether said as he sobbed. Xiao wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his back in circles as the boy cried. It hurt the adeptis when he cried. He loved Aether and hated seeing him like this.

Aether cried for hours on end, ranting and venting to him. After some time he finally calmed down and his sobs grew quiet but they didn't stop. The sun was rising and it shined through the window but it didn't light up the room as it was only a little bit of sunlight. Xiao held onto Aether and before he knew it the boy had drifted off to sleep in his arms.

He let out all his frustration and anger which made him feel relieved. Aether felt like he had let off a big weight that he carried on his chest. From now on Xiao would be by Aethers side and help him. He would make him feel safe and loved and appreciated after all the hard work he does for everyone everyday. Aether was tired and needed to rest before going back out and helping people again.

Xiao lay down with Aether, kissing his forehead before whispering, "I love you Aether." and waiting for him to wake up.

652 words