What's gotten into you?

Ok so like I got this idea from kay on tt. Shes a really good artist and you guys should totally go look at her videos ❤️

Normal AU ig?
Angst and maybe fluff
Cussing and bad grammer!!

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

The Traveler has been very rude lately. It's like ever since he came back from inazuma something changed inside of him. He hasn't been his cheery self and he has stop keep quiet about being miss treated by everyone.

He feels somewhat hurt that everyone uses him and his sister stays away from him because of it. He's starting to think that teyvat is really a bad place like Lumine said it was.

Aether was currently in liyue doing a few commissions when he bumps into ganyu. She offers to help him but he refuses at first. Eventually he gives in and thinks maybe the company wouldn't be so bad.

They go to bishui river looking for a camp of hilitruls that was reported. Aether is irritated because they haven't seen it yet and ganyu has noticed it.

~~~~~~ Aethers POV ~~~~~~

"God where is it!" I yell out in frustration while ganyu just stares at him with concern but I don't know why!? I turn to her with a glare. "Is there something on my face?" I say coldly while staring at her which seemed to make her nervous or.. afraid?

"S-sorry I'm just a little.. worried for you.. when was the last time you got some proper sleep Traveler?" Oh right. She must mean the dark visible eye bags under my eyes. I honestly didn't think they were that bad. I roll my eyes at her. "It doesn't matter come on we need to find-"

Before I could finish my sentence I feel a wave of dizziness over take me and I struggle to stand properly for a moment as I wobble. I put my hand on my head as my breaths get heavy. Another headache just great. I've been having these a lot lately and now it's only made me more irritated.

I feel a hand on my shoulder but I hear a muffled voice and a loud ringing sound. My vision is becoming a blur. Was I about to pass out? I suddenly hear a familiar faint voice. 'Shes really irritating isn't she?'

My eyes widened a bit as I lean against a near by tree for support. What the fuck? Then I hear it again. 'That girl ganyu? Her voice is just so fucking annoying. You should probably do something about it. Maybe get rid of her~'

I look around and see ganyu next to me looking very concerned but also there was fear in her eyes. I could tell she was trying to hid it. Was she afraid of me? 'She should be afraid of you. Your about to kill her right?'

~~~~~~ Ganyus POV ~~~~~~

Aether looks like he's in pain. I don't know what I should do. I put my hand gently on his shoulder and a couple moments later his breathing becomes more heavy. He looks at me with a look of kill in his eyes.

It honestly made me really scared. Suddenly a gust of wind hits me hard causing me to fly back but I stick the landing ofc (bc we love ganyu). I look up and see aether with bloodlust eyes peircing holes through me.

"A-aether.. are you alright?" I ask in a shaky tone. He pulls out his sword and I immediately spawn my arrow. I didn't want to fight him or even hurt him but if he was gonna try to kill me he was giving me no choice.

I hear a chuckle come out of aethers mouth and he grins sickeningly at me. "Am I alright? Do I look alright to you?" He says harshly and I shake my head. "Let's get you somewhere were you can rest then.. I can-" I was cut off by him suddenly charging at me.

He swung his sword but thank god he missed as I dodged the attack. I keep dodging his attacks not wanting to hurt him at all. He doesn't look like he's in his right mind but he's too fast although his coordination is very off.

It seems like his goal was just to kill me without strategy. Suddenly he did something and I lost sight of him which made me loose my balance and fall to me knees as he appeared behind me. I was shocked as I looked up at him with his sword to my throat.

"Awh~ look at you all helpless~" he giggled as he titled his head a bit. "You spent your final day with the wrong person missy." He said and lifted his sword and I closed my eyes ready for the pain but it never came.

I heared a loud clink sounds and when I opened my eyes again I saw a familiar spear above me stopping aethers sword from slicing my throat.

~~~~~ Xiaos POV ~~~~~~

My eyes do not lie. It really was Aether trying to kill ganyu. What has gotten into him? I stare into his bloodlust eyes. They showed no emotion or spark like they use to. What happened to him? He pressed down slightly harder on his sword making me having to have a stronger grip on my spear.

With quickness my gaze sharpened and I moved Aethers sword up causing him to fall back before I made a gust of wind hit him. Now there was a safe distance between him and ganyu to the point I could lower my spear to help ganyu to her feet. She looked at me with fear in her eyes and I quickly made her get behind me.

"Aether, what are you doing." I ask while keeping my gaze on him in case he tried anything. I kept my spear in hand but kept it to my side. He glared at me then shakes his head. "What are you even doing out here Xiao? I was finishing a job."

My eyes widened. This wasn't Aether. Those eyes.. they aren't his. I must get him to surrender so qiqi can help him. That's the whole reason I'm here anyway. Qiqi came to me saying she had a bad feeling and wanted me to come along.

She was hiding in some bushes near by like I told her to once we arrived. I didn't want her around Aether when he was acting so manic.. I examined him a bit more and noticed how tired he looked.

"What are you talking about? Look- just come with me and we're gonna go have a small talk ok? Just me and you." I say to him and he laughs. "Oh you wanna talk now? It's too late for talking. I'm done with the bullshit. I suggest you move before your next."

He pointed his sword towards me and glanced at ganyu behind me with a smirk. My grip on my spear tightened as I looked at him. "You should know threatening an-" I was immediately cut off. "Oh! How disrespectful of me! Well guess what Xiao!? Or should I say Alatus~

I don't give a fuck about any of you adepti anymore and I especially don't care about your stupid geo archon!" He yelled and I suddenly lost control over myself. I teleported near him then swung my spear at him. When I moved back my eyes widened.

What have I done.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

HIII GUYS!! Sorry I had been struggling to come up with something I had sooo many ideas but I just didn't know how to start 😊

Anyways if you want I can make a part 2 for you guys because I realized how long this is... 😭

Love you guys 💕

1296 words