Traveling Together

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

Aether had to go to sumeru for a commission. Xiao didn't want him to leave this time. Usually when he has to leave he's fine with it but this time he doesn't think he'll be okay by himself for so long. His karmic dept has been making things difficult for him lately but Aether has been helping him. Xiao has made it very clear that he does not want Aether to leave and as much as he doesn't want to he has to.

While Aether was preparing some things for the road in their kitchen, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. It was a firm yet gentle grasp. He immediately knew who it was. "Xiao you have to let me go. I'll be back before you know it.." Aether said in a calm tone.

Xiao said nothing. He just stuffed his face into the crook of Aethers neck for comfort. Aether continued preparing and when he was done he tried to pry Xiaos arms off but he wouldn't budge.

"Please don't go.. let me come with you at least. I promise I won't cause you any trouble." Xiao pleaded to which Aether was surprised. Xiao never begged.

"It's way too dangerous for you Xiao. You rarely leave liyue and aren't use yo new surroundings. Plus, sumeru is hot and stuffy. You'll get sick or something..." Aether made up some excuse.

"I'll be of help to you. I will protect you. Please Aether. Don't leave me like this.." Xiao nuzzled his nose into Aethers neck more. Aether was quiet for a moment as he thought about it. He really didn't want to leave either and Xiao was making this harder than it has to be.

"Fine. You can come but you have to promise me that you won't die. If anything happens you will come straight back to liyue and wait for me here. Do you understand?" Aether said sternly. Xiao immediately agreed and started kissing his neck lovingly. He was so greatful.

Xiao helped Aether finish preparing the rest of his things and the two got on the road. It was a peaceful walk. It was about close to evening when they arrived in sumeru. Xiao felt a bit uncomfortable in the new area but he was fine as long as Aether was there with him.

"We're gonna stop by Grandharva hill and rest there for the night. I'll introduce you to some friends I have there too." Aether smiled while looking at his map. Xiao felt dread. He didn't really want to meet anyone new. Aether glanced over at him and saw the look on his adorable face. "Oh hush. You'll be fine. You did say you wanted to come with me." He teased.

Xiao huffed and sucked it up. A little ways into the forest, Xiao got a wif of something. It was a very strong scent and it made him feel really dizzy. He stopped walking and held his hand over his head, his eyes feeling more heavier by the second. Aether turned around and saw Xiao was struggling with the atmosphere. He knew exactly what was wrong.

He pulled out some water and tried giving it to him but Xiao was completely out of it by now. "Hey Xiao. Look at me. We're almost there.." Aether said calmly while looking around. Xiao suddenly fell forward and passed out in Aethers arms. Aether huffed. He knew this was a bad idea.

When Xiao came to, he found himself in a different place. He was laying on a bed. Well not really a bed but it was something like that. He still felt dizzy so he kept his eyes closed for a moment and just listened. He was still skeptical about this whole thing. That's when Xiao noticed someone elses presence in the room. Why didn't he notice them before?

Whoever it was, it was definitely not Aether. The person walked around for a moment before coming towards Xiao to which he tensed up. They put a hand on Xiaos cheek and made him open his mouth slightly. Xiao didn't want this to continue so he snapped his eyes open and violently grabbed the persons wrist.

In seconds, Xiao had them pinned to the ground with their arm behind their back, disabling them. "Hey! What are you doing!? I'm trying to help you!!" The furry yelled. Xiao stared at him with curiosity and confusion. He had ears and a tail..? As much as he wanted to touch them he kept his focus and his grip got tighter on him.

"Where is Aether?" Xiao growled. The furry rolled his eyes, he was visibly annoyed now. "You have two seconds to let go." They threatened but Xiao didn't budge. The furry, with much struggle, used his other hand and grabbed a small golden capsule. He opened it and put it in Xiaos face. Xiao immediately felt really dizzy again and he lost his grip on the guy.

That's when the furry kicked Xiao off of him and quickly stood up. Xiao was stuck on the ground, in a different reality. "I really didn't want to have to do that to you but you gave me no choice. Now, are you gonna let me treat you or make this harder than it has to be?" The furry said and Xiao just stared up at him, his eyes now drowsy again.

"W-what did you do to me..?" Xiao slurred a bit. "I just put the reason you ended up here in front of your face so you would let me go. I'm guessing you've never been to sumeru before?" - F

Xiao didn't respond. He didn't trust this person. He looked around and saw his polearm laying against the wall. The furry immediately noticed this and shook his head.

"You can barely walk. Why are you still trying to fight me? The Traveler put you in my care. If I would've known you'd be this difficult I wouldn't have agreed but then again I do owe him a couple of favors.." Xiaos interest was suddenly peaked when he said "Traveler".

"Aether? He put me here?" - X

"Yes. You passed out in the forest before you guys arrived here. He's off doing something right now but he will be back shortly so if you would please let me help you. If he comes back and your not resting I can assure you he will be pissed but not at me of course. He made that part very clear." - F

Xiao stared at him for a moment while trying to decide if he should trust his story or not. The guy wasn't giving off any bad vibes. After a couple of moments, the furry started getting together some medicine. "Since you made me spill the medicine I was going to give you, I have to make it again. Such a waste." He complained.

"What's your name?" Xiao asked.

"Tighnari. Your Xiao correct? Traveler talks about you a lot." Tighnari laughed a bit. Xiaos cheeks turned a bit red and he looked away. Tighnari talked for a little bit as a way to help Xiao calm down and trust him more. Xiao was placed back onto the bed and given some medicine that tasted awful but it helped with his headache and dizziness.

Soon Aether came back and smiled when he saw Xiao awake and resting. "Hello sleepy head. How are you feeling?" Aether tried asking Xiao but he was still out of it so he couldn't really answer him. "He's gonna be just fine. The incense really took a toll on him. I'm assuming he's never been anywhere out of Liyue?" Tighnari asked.

Aether laughed a bit while nodding. They got to talking a bit and Xiao found himself slowly falling asleep. Aether sighed and put his hand on his cheek before giving him a small kiss on his cheek.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

Just a lil smth for you guys<33 good luck with the new school year 😭

1340 words