His Voice

An idea from a comic I saw!!

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

One night, Xiao was in his room at wangshu-inn, battling his karmic dept once again. It hurt so much. All of theses voices telling him to hurt himself and to hurt others. They just kept getting louder and louder, his head was pounding with a headache and his body felt numb but was in so much pain.

Quiet grunts and whimpers could be heard from the poor Yaksha. This happens often and it usually gets this bad, sometimes it last for hours on end. It truly is pure torture. He lays in his bed as he tosses and turns in it, gripping on to the bed sheets everytime pain shoots through his body. He felt so alone and helpless.

Suddenly, a beautiful voice was heard outside of his window. He looked up at the window with barely open eyes that were full of agony. He listened to it for a little bit before building up the strength to teleport to it. He teleported behind the person who was singing, both of his hands rested on the railings as the person stood in between them, leaning on the rails as well.

"Xiao..?" Xiao looked up at the soft voice but only for a second to see Aether. He rested his head on his shoulder and closed his eyes tightly. "P-please continue.." He breathed out heavily, Aether stared at him for a moment with worry before continuing to sing for him. His voice was so soft. It almost immediately calmed the yaksha down as he felt Aethers hand caress his cheek.

His body became more heavy on Aether as Xiao leaned on to him, his eyes drooping more. Soon Aether felt Xiaos body slump on to him and his breathing slow, he was asleep. He must've been so tired. Aether sighed and turned around to hold Xiao better in his arms. He rubbed his back for a little bit before picking him up bridal style and taking him to Xiaos room.

The blond lay Xiao down in the bed and removed all of his gear so he could sleep comfortably. He sat in a chair next to his bed, he held Xiaos hand as he watched him sleep for a bit. "Xiao.. why do you suffer in silence like this?" Aether whispered, using his other hand to rub his thumb against his cheek. He loved Xiao. Xiao loved him. Although he didn't know how to express it much. That was okay though. Aether was happy just to be in his presence.

The next morning when Xiao woke up, he smelled a familiar smell of his favorite dish on the nightstand next to his bed. He immediately sat up and began to eat it, a small chuckle was heard which made Xiao flinch as he looked up at whoever was in his room. "Goodmorning Xiao~ how are you feeling?" Aether spoke softly as he walked over to him.

Xiao stared at him with relief in his eyes, he was very glad he was there with him to calm his karma. "I feel fine.. thank you for helping me." Xiao muttered out, eating his Almond tofu. Aether smelled and kissed Xiaos forehead, "just teleport to me whenever you feel this way again ok love?". The yaksha nodded and they shared a deep loving kiss. 

564 words