In the rain

Modern AU
Angst
Fluff
They like eachother but arent dating

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

A beautiful long haired blond boy ran down the sidewalk as rain poured down on top of him. He was absolutely soaked. He didn't know where hew as going or what he was even doing but he just had to get away. Everything in the boy hurt. His mom just died and his sister was going away to some college in another state.

He would be left all alone. Constantly being bullied everywhere he went for his feminine looks. Even the boy that he thought liked him was just using him for a little game. He hated being treated like this. He tries to stay positive through it all but it's just become really unbareable.

Aether continued to run in the rain. When he finally stopped he didn't recognize the street he was on. He was out of breath and his drenched in rain. Tears were pouring down his face but they weren't very visible because of the rain. Once he caught his breath he suddenly couldn't hold in his sobs anymore.

They all came out too easily. One tear after another. It was all too much. He could barely breath. Eventually he couldn't stand anymore so he sat down on the curb and cried his little heart out. All of the pain he's been enduring was just escaping him all at once. Hitting him like a truck. He had been keeping in his emotions. Pretending everything was fine.

Even though he was in so much pain. He brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs then burried his head in between his legs as he sobbed. The rain just got heavier as he cried and it began to hurt his skin but he didn't care. He couldn't care less about anything in this moment. He had nothing. Nobody. He was truly alone in this cruel awful world.

Aether was trembling from the cold. He didn't know what he was going to do or where he was even going. He didn't know how to get home. Aether got so lost in thought he didn't even realize someone walking up to him with an umbrella.

They stood in front of Aether in the street since there were no cars around. They held the umbrella over both of them and it took Aether a moment to realize that. He could still hear the rain thats why he was so confused. The blond boy looked up and was met with soft concerning eyes. They were the most beautifulest thing he's seen all day.

Believe it or not the soft gaze made him feel a little bit calm. He examined the person more and realized it was Xiao the quiet but popular kid from his class. He glared at him then burried his head back into his knees. "If your here to bully me more just go away." Aether said in a weak tone even though he tried to make himself sound intimidating.

The tall boy (yes xiao) only shook his head and crouched down in front of him, still holding the umbrella over both of them. "I'm not here to cause you any more pain. I can tell you're crying and it's freezing out here in the rain. You'll catch a cold." Xiao said softly. Aether snapped at him though. "Don't pretend like you care! You don't even know me just get out of my face!!" He yelled and sobbed more.

Xiao could tell he was obviously in a lot of pain. He sighed and spoke again. "I promise I'm not here to hurt you. Come with me so you can get shelter and when the rain passes you can leave." He said in a warm convincing tone. The blond looked up into his eyes to see if he was just playing tricks on him. For a moment he actually felt like he could trust him.

He wiped his tears and nodded slowly. "Fine but I swear if your fucking with me I'll-" Xiao interrupted him. "You can beat my ass anyway you like just please come on so you won't get any sicker than you already probably are.." Xiao said as he lended out his hand to him. Aether stared at him for a moment before taking his hand and standing up with him.

Aether walked with Xiao under his umbrella to his big house. Xiaos family was healthy and thats part of the reason he's so popular. Once they got inside Xiao told Aether to wait by the door so he doesn't track water everywhere and ran off to get some towels. While he was gone he admired the place. It was really big and well decorated. Xiao soon returned and wrapped a big towel around Aether before picking him up bridal style and carrying him to his room.

The blond was surprised and turnes bright red but said nothing to his actions. Once they got to his room, he was immediately taken to the personal bathroom and was finally set down on the ledge of the big tub. Xiao had already started some warm water running when he left Aether by the door so the bath was almost ready for him.

"I have some clothes already prepared for you right there on the counter along with another warm towel and rag that you can use. I'll be waiting for you on my bed just let me know if you need anything." He said in the same calm matter he had outside. Aether just stared at him for a moment before finally nodding.

Xiao left Aether alone in the bathroom and Aether took a long warm bath. It felt really nice and calming. He felt way more relaxed now. After cleaning himself up and drying himself off after the bath he put on the clothes Xiao had given him. They smelled just like him. It was kinda comforting. A small smile appeared on his face as he stared in the mirror at himself.

When he realized his small smile he immediately dropped it and rubbed his eyes. They were puffy and they stung from the tears. He had to keep his guard up in case Xiao was just messing with him. When he walked out of the bathroom he still had the towel drying his hair off with it. Xiao looked up at him from his phone. He had ear plugs in and he had changed clothes.

He was wearing a black t shirt with some pjs pants on. Aether was wearing a black sweater instead and some sweat pants which were a little bigger on him but it didn't matter. It was all very comfortable. Xiao smiled softly at Aether and took out his ear plugs. "Did you enjoy your bath? Was everything ok?" He said while getting up to help me with my hair. I was surprised at first but then just let him. He led me over to the bed and began to finish drying it as we talked.

It was a little weird coming from someone like him though. Aether never thought Xiao could be so.. kind and gentle. "It was fine.. thank you." The blond said quietly. His voice was raspy because of the crying he did. As Xiao ran his fingers through Aethers hair he could feel himself getting really sleepy. His hands felt so nice in his hair. Almost like how his mom was with him.

"That's good. Are you hungry at all?" Xiao continued to playing in my now dry hair. "Not really.. I'm just really.. tired.." Aether said as he was slowly drifting off while sitting up. He leaned back against Xiao and fell asleep. Xiao was very surprised. It was cute and it made his heart flutter. He lay Aether down in a more comfortable position without waking him and lay next to him until he woke up again. Whenever that may be.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

A short oneshot <33 (please dont kill me I wanted to write a short one for once 🙁)

Love you guys ❤️

1354 words