When lightning strikes

AngstThunderstorm trama!!TW throwing up and delusional

Angst
Thunderstorm trama!!
TW throwing up and delusional

~~~~~~ Aethers POV ~~~~~~

Rain is hitting the window so harshly that I thought it was going to shatter. I'm sitting on the bed with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around myself as I shiver with fear and awful memories.

I hate the rain.

Why is it so loud today? Why is it raining so hard? Where did this thunderstorm come from anyway? I wish I would've been prepared for it but it showed up out of nowhere.

Please make it go away. Make it go away...

Suddenly, there was a flash in the window and my eyes caught a glimpse of it. After that loud thunder erupted in the sky to the point the ground was shaking a little. I let out a small yelp and cover my mouth with my hand, feeling something coming up my throat. With quickness, I stumbled to the bathroom and puked in the toilet. It was disgusting but at least I made it.

My legs gave out on me and I sat on the floor, hovering over the toilet as my body gets more and more nauseous by the second. It hurt so bad. My throat, my head, my whole body was in so much pain and yet the only thing on my mind was that pitiful day. When the radian shogun herself struck me with lightening. I shiver at the thought of how it felt.

Excruciating pain traveling through my body for what felt like hours but it was only mere seconds. I fell to my knees, knocked unconscious and when I woke up everything burned. The back of my neck and down my back had purple marks on it and it was painful to look at, let alone touch. My body was shaking for days after that and now everytime it rains that's all I can think about.

My body just shuts down as it remembers that day.

As moments passed, I felt myself getting sicker and sicker and when I finally stopped I saw tiny balls of purple lights flowing around me. They almost looked like fireflies but I knew they weren't. It was pleasant until they started sparking. I flinched when one did it in front of me and the rest followed. All around me were little balls of lightning as if they were eating me alive. I couldn't breathe. New tears poured down my cheeks as he frantically tried to get away from them.

~~~~~~ Xiaos POV ~~~~~~

Hm. This almond tofu is looking quite nice. Smells just as good too. Aether is gonna love this. It's the first time I actually made it myself instead of having him make it for me. I know he isn't feeling all that good because of the sudden rain but I hope this would cheer him up.

He always seems to be happier when I smile which is weird but if it makes him happy, I'll smile every second he's awake. I heard footsteps upstairs and then the bathroom door slamming open. Something was wrong. I could feel it.

Slowly, I went upstairs and heard the sound of someone crying and puking. It wasn't the most pleasant sound.. but he knew it was coming from Aether. Was he sick? When I was approaching the bathroom, he stopped puking and now his crying was getting louder.

I entered the bathroom with a look of concern and saw Aether backing against the wall like there was something trying to hurt him. He couldn't breathe and he was panicking. I quickly rushed to his side and held his cheeks in my hands, trying to wipe the neverending tears coming out his beautiful eyes. He was too precious to cry like this.

"Aether! It's me! It's Xiao. Please calm down my love, you're safe." I say with the calmest tone ever. With that he blinks a couple of times and looks a bit surprised as if he didn't see me there a couple seconds ago. He wrapped his arms around my neck tightly and it felt like he was afraid to let go. I rub his back and whisper nothing but sweet things to him.

That always calms him down. Eventually, he does quiet down as I stroke his hair. He's still crying and shaking a little but it's not as bad anymore. I pick him up and bring him to our bed. There was already some water next to the bed so to help him sleep, I gave him one of my sleeping pills and he fell asleep peacefully in my arms.

I watch over him for a little with a small smile as I gently caress his cheek. It breaks my heart to see him such a horrible state but he's better now. After that I get up to leave but just as I walk out the room, I hear small whimpers coming from Aether in his sleep.

"L-lumine.. pl-please..." Aether cries as more tears slowly fall down his cheeks after I had already wiped his face from the other tears. I let out a small sigh and lay with him in the bed, cuddling him as he calms down once again.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

Thank you guys sm for reading and waiting. I just started my second year of highschool and it's off to a great start so far and I wanna keep it that way so from now on it'll be slow updates. Also shout out to the wonderful person who gave me the idea for this oneshot.

I am very greatful for your suggestion and for everyone else who reads my oneshots. Someone else gave me an idea and I'm going to update again as soon as I finish writing that one. Thank you again and have a blessed day. ❤️

971 words