Hanahaki

Highschool modern AU
Angst
Fluff
Mentions of blood
Hanahaki disease
Long oneshot

~~~~~~ Xiaos POV ~~~~~~

Ugh.. lately I haven't been feeling well. I've been really dizzy and getting bad headaches a lot. It's not bad so I've been ignoring it.

But one thing I can't ignore is him. He's the only thing that's ever on my mind and my love for him has grown a lot. Sometimes in class I find myself day dreaming about him which is weird.. he's still beautiful though in all of my imaginations.

I would do anything to be with him sadly though I can't.

Currently he's with some guy named albedo. Some smart kid and I absolutely hate seeing the two together. It hurts. So much. Sometimes it's so unbareable that I have to leave and I can't even speak to Aether. I think albedo knows it too because he's always trying to compete with me I swear he is.

It's whatever though because maybe one day I'll have a chance with him.

~~~~~~ In Class ~~~~~~

I was sitting at my desk by the window quietly. I still wasn't feeling the best. I could barely sleep last night because I couldn't stop coughing. I took some cough drops before I came to school ofc because who wants to be in class constantly coughing? It's irritating.

A couple of moments pass and soon he walks in the room. Aether. My eyes snap onto his beautiful appearance. He's always looking the best. His beautiful long blond hair along with his golden eyes and his one of a kind bright smile.

I was practically melting in my seat just from the sight of him. As soon as he sees me his smile becomes brighter and he walks right up to me. "Hii Xiao!" He says in a happy tone. My sick mood suddenly changed.

"Goodmorning to you too Aether." I say in a calm low tone as I look at him with a slight smile. "You should really smile more! It shows everyone how beautiful you truly are." He teases me and I turn bright red and look away. "S-shut up.."

I was obviously flustered. I huffed and Aether was about to say something more until someone wraps his arms around his waist and pulls him close. I look and immediately become annoyed again.

It's albedo. Ugh. He kisses Aether on the cheek and nudges him to come along. Aether smiles then looks at me before walking away with him. I suddenly felt really sad to the point I was close to tears.

I didn't let it bother me much though since class was about to start.

~~~~~~ Lunch ~~~~~~

I sat by a tree in the courtyard by myself. I wasn't hungry once again. I don't know where my appetite has been lately. My chest really hurt and I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I lean my head back on the tree with my headphones in. The music wasn't too loud since I had a really bad headache.

I close my eyes and everything was peaceful for a moment until I felt a tap on my shouler. I open my eyes to see xingqiu, chongyun and hu tao staring at me but something was wrong. It didn't look like they were here to annoy me like usual. They looked rather concerned.

I take out my headphones to talk to them. "Is there something on my face?" I say in a raspy tired tone but I didn't notice a thing. "Xiao are you ok? You look pale and tired." Xingqui said. "He probably stayed up all night drawing again.. wait till dad hears that you were up all night!!" Hu tao said to annoy me and Xingqui glared at her.

After she laughed a bit she calmed back down then her expression turned serious which made me now concerned. "But seriously Xiao, what's wrong with you?" She says.

I look at them strangly as they wait for an answer. I sigh and stand up while stretching. I did feel a bit dizzy but I ignored it. "I'm fine.. why are you guys so concerned?" I ask in confusion.