Overworking

Fluff
Overworking

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

Xiao walked through the hallways quietly as his sister and friend talked. He didn't know exactly what they were talking about but he didn't care either. "Lumine we should go shopping this weekend!" Hu tao said as she jumped around and Lumine nodded. "Yes! And we should bring Aether because he really needs to loosen up a bit."

She giggled and at that Xiao was suddenly interested in the conversation. "You said Aethers going shopping with you guys on the weekend?" He spoke and the two girls looked at him, one had a smirk and the other looked like she was thinking about it but before she could say anything Hu tao put her hand over her mouth and nodded. "Yes! He is! You wanna come with us!?" She spoke and Lumine glared at her. Xiao didn't seem to care though. "I- I might tag along.." He said and his cheeks turned a bit red.

Hu Tao let go of Lumine and jumped up and down before Lumine grabbed his arm and dragged her away. Xiao was left there in the hallway by himself, confused. Someone suddenly bumped into him from behind but it was a light bump. He turned around and looked down to see Aether with tired eyes and headphones in. "Oh shoot! I'm sorry I didn't see you there.." Aether said with a small smile that made Xiaos heart flutter. "Uh.. it's ok don't worry. Are you headed to class?" Xiao said in a soft tone and now Aethers heart was fluttering as well as he nodded.

"I'll walk you to class. Your sister and my sister were just with me but they-" while Xiao was talking he looked at the corner they disappeared at but then heard a faint thud in front of him. He turned back around and saw Aether had passed out. He's done this before and Xiao knew it was out of exusghstion. He sighed and picked him up bridal style then took him back to his dorm.

When they got to Xiaos dorm he put Aether gently on his bed and covered him up. "I guess we could miss a few classes.." Xiao mumbled as he stared at Aethers sleeping face. He looked so peaceful and beautiful. The longer he stared the more his heart pounded. He wanted to kiss him. To hold him. To stay by his side at all times.

~~~~~~ A Few Hours Later ~~~~~~

Aethers eyes began to flutter open. He sat up and stretched and yawned. "Finally awake?" Xiao said softly and Aether looked over at him. He was sitting at his desk doing some homework. "Did I pass out again? Gosh I'm sorry.." Aether said as he rubbed his eyes. Xiao laughed. "It's ok Aether. You should really stop overworking yourself. This happens way too often." He said and Aether looked down at his hands as he sighed.

"Your right Xiao. I'll try to. For you.." He mumbled the last part and Xiao looked at him confused because he didn't hear him but shrugged it off. "What do you want for dinner? I could order us something and we could watch movies and.. hangout?" Xiao said nervously.

Aether laughed and nodded. "I would love to do that with you Xiao." He said with a bright smile and that made Xiao smile as well.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

Short but yea !!

And that Xiaother highschool AU I'm working on might actually be coming out sooner than I thought but just in case don't get your hopes up bc finals are coming up as well 😭

I love you guys though and thank you so much for your support ❤️

612 words