Chapter 63

Ji Xinrong stared absently at the big black screen in front of him.

As Blue Star's well-known animation film director, Ji Xinrong is also one of the judges for Eleanor's animation awards this time, sitting beside him at the moment is also a well-known figure in the Blue Star animation industry——

Tan Qingyi, professor of Animation Department of Huaijiang University of Fine Arts, judge of Fantastic International Film Festival.

Xia Yongyuan, vice chairman of the Blue Star Artists Association, one of the organizers of the Media Art Festival of the Ministry of Culture, and the three-time winner of the Eleanor Best Animated Feature Film Award.

Zhang Ru, double Ph.D. degree in Directing Department and Literature Department of Xingning Film Academy, honorary member of the 10th Blue Star Art Circle Federation...

In the eyes of laymen, these animation producers seem to have little reputation, and they seldom show their faces in newspapers and magazines. For those who work in the animation industry, these names are well-known. If other animation producers are only animation As for the producers, some of the judges at this moment are real old artists.

Ji Xinrong himself is not bad, his animated film has also won the Eleanor Award for Best Animated Feature Film, otherwise he would not be qualified to sit here as a judge, but obviously, no matter how high the box office of his film is, the word-of-mouth Well, there is no comparison with these real artists in front of you.

"In the past few years, there have been so many old faces. I don't know if there will be some unexpected surprises this year." Tan Qingyi laughed.

Xia Yongyuan shook his head: "It's difficult, don't look at the country's strong support for animation this year, the support funds have been sent out, but you don't want to see what the animations on TV are now?"

Most of the people who can sit here are his old acquaintances. Xia Yongyuan has no scruples when chatting now. He sighed: "Commercial animation is getting better and better, but art animation will be more and more difficult in the future. It's getting more and more difficult, this year is just the beginning, and there will only be more capital in the future to make money. Not to mention new faces, the older generation can resist the temptation, and it's good if they don't switch to commercial animation."

When it came to this topic, everyone was a little bit embarrassed for a while.

"Let's not talk about this, the selection time is coming soon, how about this year's works, and see if there are any new faces." Zhang Ru changed the topic and said: "There are not only 20 animated short films sent for selection this year. Is it? Let's finish the review early and make a list of nominations, and there will be animated feature films to be reviewed tomorrow."

As soon as he finished speaking, the big screen opposite happened to light up with a "swish", reflecting a small new world in the dark theater.

The overall duration of these animated short films is actually only 4-10 minutes. Occasionally, when they come across something meaningful, they will deliberately rewind and replay it. From time to time, the judges will discuss a few words in a low voice. Looking at the next one, on average, each short film takes no more than half an hour.

"From the beginning, I knew it was the style of that old guy Lin Hongxin." Tan Qingyi shook her head in her heart: "The art design is still so amazing, it's a pity..."

Xia Yongyuan: "The narrative is still too empty."

It might not be a problem to get nominated, but to win an award... Zhang Ru thought with some regret, I am afraid that his old friend will return disappointed again.