Chapter fifty

POV - Marianna Ortez

" on everything 1 love bro, I'll kill you and that bitch ass nigga you keep playing in my fuckin face," 1 heard Isaiah's loud voice echo through the house.

"How are you gonna be mad when you're fuckin around with other bitches? Nah homie two can play that game. Fuck with whoever you want. 1 don't care anymore." Aniyah's little voice yelled.

"Aw shit, I need to go check on her' "hold jahseh. "She's mad andyou need to go talk to Isaiah he's acting like-"

"Like what?" jahseh cut me off.

"Like a asshole."

"Just because he don't wanna be with your homegirl, that don't mean that he is A asshole," jahseh smacked his lips.

"It does if he's fucking on her and talking to other girls but she can't talk to otherniggas," I smacked my lips.

"What kinda shit y'all got going on?" he made a face.

"Thats whatever the fuck you got going on. Cause you were just acting thesame way. That's not weird to you that she can't talkto niggas but he cantalk to bitches?"

"To be honest its none of our business," he shrugged.

"That's not what asked you, jahseh."

"No its not, that the situation, they knewwhat it was when they started fuckin with each other.so, me personally, i would do me because we never established that it was gonna be something else."

1 don't knowbut hearing him say that just really pissed me the fuck off. Isthat what he's doing right now to me? 1 don't even want to know. But he's right I know who he was and what this was when we started this.and we were just friends. So maybe it should staythat way.

Maybe we shouldn't give this a chance afterall. Not if that's the way he's thinking. I , don't want a boyfriend who thinks that way. That's a boyfriend who would cheat. Which jahseh already did to me.

I have a lot to think about and I really need to.

"I don't think its okay for him to treat her that way. As her friend it is my business because I care about her. If she was doing it to him?what would you be saying then"

"Okay, I see where you're coming from. My bad, mama, "he signed. "I'll talk to him."

I signed, waiting for him to get up and go downstairs.

"Right now?" he asked.

"Yeah," l scoffed. "I need to go check on Aniyah," I stood up and grabbed my phone off of his bed, "let me know what he says and I'll tell you what she said"

"What the fuck is this? Gossip girl? Why do we have to do all that" he groaned.

"So we can fix things between them. I think they really like each other. Becausewhy else would they be getting so mad and jealous.and trust me, Aniyah doesn't get jealous."

"Girls, man," jahseh signed. "All right cmon. "

"So what happened?" I asked Aniyah.

"He told me he didn't want to be in relationship with me or even work on starting a relationship eventually. So l told him i didn't want to sleep around with him anymore. And he got mad because he didn't want that. But basically we argued a nd in the end I just told him that is was either me and only me, or no me at all.and then you guys came downstairs and they left."

"he 's obviously falling in love with you1 why else would he be getting soupset?" l asked.

"For real, but l'm not here for the games I don't want toxic love wantthat good shit," she sighed.

"Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing," I admitted.

"Trouble in paradise, again?" she laughed.

"There's just a lot of red flags already. Like already," I sighed.

"Like what?" she asked.

"Like that he's a rapper. He's a retired whore fighting retirement. He has terrible anger issues." I shook my head. "Should 1 go on?"

"No I get the point. But you overthink a lot.just relax," she told me.

"stokeley has red flags too," Laysia said. I forgot she was even here.

All of the guys went to the smoke shop and left us here, but l forgot she was even here. Why is she just sitting over there listening to all of our business and not saying anything.that's some snake shit but let me just give her a chance.

"Yeah like the fact that he can't mind his business and shut the fuck-up" I said under my breath.

Aniyah burst out laughing and Laysia just rolled her eyes.

"Don't be mad cause your nigga is a snitch." Aniyah told her.

I just shook my head, laughing. "What are his red flags? "l asked.

"He always gets such a sassy attitude when he doesn't get his way - "she told us.

"That sounds like him, "I laughed.