chapter ten

point of view - marianna ortez

"Jahseh?"

"Hm?" He didn't look up at me he just kept his eyes on the tv.

"Is there medicine or something you can take to help you with your disorder?" I asked.

"Yeah there is."

"So have you tried it?" I asked.

"I'm supposed to take it twice a day," he shrugged.

"So why don't you take it," I asked.

"Mind your business you're not my girl," he smacked his lips.

I never said I was. "Well my bad for trying to be a good friend and help you with your mental health."

"I'm sorry," he sighed.

"No you're right it's none of my business," I mumbled and went on my phone.

I smacked my lips when he snatched my phone out of my hand, "talk to me. I'm sorry I keep being an asshole. Forgive me, baby?"

What the hell is up with this 'forgive me baby' shit? I mean..

"Alright fine. Give me my phone back."

"Fine." He frowned dramatically and handed over my phone.

"So what are you doing today?" I asked.

"I'm having a party tonight, didn't I tell you?"

"No you didn't tell me!" I sat up. "I don't have anything to wear and we don't have groceries for me to cook."

"The food is being catered don't worry about it," he shrugged. He pulled out his wallet and handed me his black card, "go ahead and take my car to the mall and get something to wear."

"I have my own money," I tried to hand him back his card.

"Marianna take the fucking card. And if I check my bank statement and there aren't any charges, imma be on your ass when you get back."

"Okay well what's my budget?" I asked.

"Get whatever you want."

"But-"

He grabbed me by my throat, "go upstairs and grab your purse or whatever and let's go since you can't listen."

I noticed he was looking at my lips and licked them. He let me go and stood up, "you're under age baby I can't do that."

"Do what?" I asked.

"Go get your bag," he told me.

( at the mall )

I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear, I just knew I wanted to wear a dress. I had picked out some nude colored heels and some basic jewelry from wave.

I ended up deciding to go with a simple nude fitted dresss which I didn't show to Jahseh because I knew he wouldn't approve.

The dress

I felt like that bitch when I was walking around the mall

I felt like that bitch when I was walking around the mall. Jahseh just walked behind me like a nosy guard holding all my bags while I went in store to store.

The last store I went to was Pink because I needed some new undergarments. I was looking through the underwear drawers when I saw Jahseh gripping a mannequin's boob.

"Jahseh you can't do that," I told him. This is so embarrassing.

"Why not?" He laughed. "What do you expect me to do its ass and titties every where."

"Jah please wait outside?" I asked him.

"No just hurry up I want to get something to eat," he told me.

I rolled my eyes and continued looking through the underwear.

About five minutes later I was ready to check out so Jahseh and I went do the register. I watched the total add up and it was getting to almost 300.

When she was done adding everything it came up to be $326.56. I pulled out my cashapp card and went to pay.

"Don't fucking do that. That is so embarrassing." Jahseh took my card from me and broke it in half.

He swiped his card and paid for everything meanwhile I'm looking at my card broken in two pieces in my hand.

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

He grabbed my bags, "if I say take my card and go shopping that means my card should be the only card getting used."

"But I-"

"I don't care shut up."

I rolled my eyes.

"Keep on rolling your eyes and I'm give you a reason to make them roll," he smirked at me.

"Ugh you're disgusting." I rolled my eyes again. As we walked out or the store I threw my old card into the trash.