chapter fourty

point of view - marianna ortez -

One week later ...

I feel like I'm at a loss. I'm alone. And it's painful. And it's loud.

I feel empty.

It's been a full seven days since that last time I've spoken to anyone. I haven't seen anyone. I haven't left this room.

I'll have to leave tomorrow because I've ran out of money, and I don't know what I'm going to do.

Jahseh has been coming to my door every day trying to get in and speak to me but I physically and mentally cannot handle being around him right now. Or Alaysia, or Stokeley.

Everything seems to be a game to them and this isn't a game to me. This is my real life. These are my real demons. This is real shit I have to deal with. That I have do live with.

I'm just hurt. These people I thought were my friends... just hurt me in the worst ways possible.

I heard a few light knocks and rolled my eyes.

"Marianna, please talk to me. Please I need you." I heard Jahseh's soft voice on the other side of the door.

"Go away." My voice was so raspy from the Lack of moisture in my mouth. I haven't had a sip of water in days.

"Please mama, I'm so sorry. Just let me help you... let me in," he begged.

"How are you gonna help me? You only make things worse."

I looked down at the bottom of the door just in time to see him sliding an envelope under the door. "Just at least take this..."

I picked up the envelope and opened it. Inside was a hand written letter along with a Tesla key card and a debit card with my name on it.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I get it, I ruined your life... I feel like it's the least I can do."

"It's bare minimum," I mumbled.

"Can I please see you?" He asked.

"Are you gonna beat me up if I say no?" I questioned.

"No, I'm not gonna hurt you. I went to See my doctor yesterday. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"You don't need to talk to me about that," I stated.

"Please let me in mama?"

My heart ached hearing the sadness in his voice. It's not fair.

I'm sad too.

And I much as I know I shouldn't be doing this... I opened the door.