chapter thirty two

point of view - marianna ortez

"Bitch stop," Kierra laughed as Laysia acted out how someone walks.

"No bitch cause why she breakin her back," laysia busted out laughing.

I watched from the couch, sipping on my lemonade. These days I feel kind of down and the last thing I want to do is get drunk with them.

I miss jahseh, and I miss my family. Not that I really had one in the first place. I wonder how life would be if my mom had never died.

"Mari, bitch look!" Laysia shoved her phone in my face showing me a picture of Ski and Jahseh on stage. "My man looks fuckin good."

"Girl bye Jahseh looks better," I smacked my lips.

"Yeah yeah you're just saying that cause you're fuckin him," kierra stated. "Personally I think wifi is cuter than both of them."

"Bitch whatever he's ugly?" I smacked my lips.

"First off jahseh looks like a gremlin get the fuck," kierra laughed.

Laysia looked at her and busted out laughing.

"You know what I'm gonna call him and tell him y'all talking shit," I smacked my lips and grabbed my phone off the floor.

"Don't you dare!" Kierra snatched my phone and took off running down the hallway.

A few seconds later she came walking back making a face, "why is Laysia's boyfriend calling you?"

I looked at her like she was stupid and laysia took my phone from her, handing it to me. "Ski is like my brother I put them on with each other. Learn your facts thank you."

I answered the phone, holding it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Yooo sis!"

"What's up?" I laughed.

"Jahseh wildin out for real," he sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "what's he doing?"

"He's tryna cut his arms and shit," he explained. "Can you talk to him?"

"I'll try, take him the phone."

I waited a few seconds and then heard some movement, "he's right here."

"Jahseh?"

I didn't hear anything, "babe?"

"He took some fuckin pills Bruh,"I heard the phone drop and some shuffling.

"What's going on!" I panicked.

"Sis he took some pills," I heard ski say and then someone yelled call 911.

"No don't call 911 put him in the shower with the cold water and shove your finger down his throat." I yelled into the phone. The last thing Jahseh needs is paparazzi in his business.

"Alright hold on. Let me call you back."

The line clicked and I jumped up, grabbed my phone. "I have to go to New York."

"How are you going to New York it's storming you can't book a flight." Laysia asked as she followed behind me. "What's going on?"

"Jahseh tried to kill himself I have to go to New York and make sure everything's okay I can't just sit here," I explained as I ran up the stairs and into my room.

I walked into my closet and grabbed a duffle bag, stuffing it with enough clothes and shit for a week and then tossed it over my shoulder.

I grabbed my purse and phone, rushing down the stairs.

I ran out of the door and outside getting inside of Jahseh's car. I threw the bag into the backseat and turned the car on, putting on my seatbelt.

I pulled out of the driveway and sped out of the neighborhood.

My phone began ringing so I quickly answered it and put it on speaker before attaching it to my phone stand I installed in Jahseh's phone.

"Hello?"

"He threw up everything, wifi is helping him get dressed right now. He's out of it."

"Okay I'm coming, im on my way," I stated.

"Whachu mean your on your way?" He asked. "You can't fly in this weather."

"Im driving I have Jahseh's car and my navigation im chillin."

"Marianna you can't do that."

"Watch me. Im not just gonna stay home and he's clearly going through something. W-what even happened I just talked to him last night. We just woke up how- what!"

"He just overthinks too much," ski sighed. "Are you by yourself?"

"Yeah I just packed a bag and left," I explained.

"We'll go get Laysia so you won't have to drive by yourself," he told me.

"Okay but can I talk to jahseh?" I asked.

I turned around heading back to the house while ski texted laysia the plan.

"Marianna?"

"Jahseh, what the fuck is going on?"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Okay talk to me... what's wrong?"

"I just miss you.."

"So call me baby , okay I can easily drive down there or something don't take pills!" I sighed.

"I know," he sighed. "Ski said you're driving down here."

"I am I'm bout to be on my way," I explained. "I can stay for a week or so."

"Or you can stay forever," he told me.

"I could."

"I really miss your face," he sighed. "I can't wait to see you."

"Me too," I admitted. "Just don't do anything else while I'm on my way okay."

"Okay."