Chapter Fourty Eight

point of view - marianna ortez

"So let's talk."

Laysia looked at me and didn't say anything.

"Stokeley said you're mom put you out. Why?" I asked.

"I- I'm pregnant." She explained as her eyes began to tear up.

"Wow." I gasped. "Does Stokeley know?"

"Well yeah it's his," she sighed. "My mom wanted better for me, I guess i disappointed her."

"Yeah I get it, I wouldn't want to be a teen mom but shit happens." I explained. "Have you thought about what you're gonna do?"

"No, I haven't. I've been preoccupied I guess," she frowned.

"Yeah girl I don't know what I would do if I were you." I admitted. "Does he want the baby?"

"I don't know he hasn't even spoke about it really. We took the test and after my mom kicked me out he hadn't really mentioned it. Like he's scared to bring it up."

"Do you want the baby?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Would you keep it if you did and he didn't?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Well what do you know?" I snapped.

She looked at me and made a face, "you didnt even have to speak to me and you're yelling for what?"

"Because don't you think you should figure it out before it's too late? Because then there's going to be another baby like me out here In the world with no one because the parents cant be responsible."

"I didn't even think about that," she sighed.

"Well you should," I pointed out.

"Im just feeling really down right now. I feel like I don't have a support system and I really need it. I'm so stressed out. And it's not good for the baby."

"Yeah it's not. And I know we're on bad terms but you have me. And you have Aniyah. We love you."

"I love you guys too. And I'm so sorry, Marianna. If there's anything I can do to make things better between us, I'll do it. I'll do anything." She sighed.

"You just have to earn my trust again. It's going to take time, but it'll get there." I explained. "I want to be here for you."

"Thank you."

"Have you been to see a doctor?" I asked.

"No I haven't yet," she explained. "Will you go with me?"

"Of course just let me know when," I agreed.