chapter fourty three

point of view - marianna ortez -

( two weeks later, back at home in Florida)

"Hey sis!" Stokeley tackled me down like a football player, hugging me. "I didn't think you would be back."

"It took a lot of convincing, but I got her back," jahseh smiled and dapped Stokeley up after he let me out of his grip.

"I'm glad y'all worked shit out. You look a lot better," Stokeley pointed out my bruises which were now faded and barely visible.

"Well we're not officially together yet, but we are working on it," I explained. "We're taking it slow."

"Yeah what she said," jahseh smiled and pulled me into his arms. I smiled back up at him.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go unpack and take a shower so I'll catch up with you guys later." I dismissed myself and started up the stairs, dragging my suitcase behind me.

point of view - jahseh onfroy -

"Bro what the fuck is wrong with you?" Ski half yelled at me.

"What?"

"Why would you get back together with her after the shit you just pulled?" He smacked his lips.

"One.. we were never together. Two, we aren't together. And three... she makes me happy?"

"It's doesn't matter. She's underage, she could get you arrested and your whole career is over."

"She's not gonna call the police, she's on the run. And two, everything's okay now we're gonna work on it and I'm going to start therapy and go see a doctor."

"Jahseh that's what you said with the last girl." He sighed. "We almost couldn't even pay her off."

"But we did. And nothings gonna happen she can't speak on it she signed a contract." I explained.

"When are you gonna learn? We can't keep paying off these hoes. When are you gonna get help and stop this bullshit?"

point of view - marianna ortez -

"Im for real this time, this is the last time. Cause imma be with this girl forever."

How many times has he done this? And how many girls?

Maybe I shouldn't be eavesdropping on his private conversations, but they're talking real loud. I can't help but hear it.

"How do you know she wants to be with you? Maybe she's just too scared to turn you down," Stokeley spoke.

"She's not. She cares about me. And before you say anything else and piss me off, imma walk away before I get out of character."

I hurried up the stairs, rushing into my room and closing the door. Would I be like one of those girls? Was I really special or just collateral damage?

The sound of knocks, knocked me out of my thoughts. "Who is it?"

"It's me." Jahseh.

I took a deep breath and sighed, "come in."

The door slowly opened and in walked jahseh, with a worried look on his face. "C-can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah. Everything okay?" I asked.

"You're not just here with me because you're scared of me... right? Cause you don't have to be, you're not a prisoner you can leave."

"You want me to leave?"

"No. NO! no no no, I'm just saying if you want to you can. I don't want you to be scared of me. I want you here but only if you wanna be here."

"I want to be here," I promised.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I need the job and I care about you." I explained.

"You don't have to keep the job," he explained.

"I know, but I'd prefer to work for my money." I admitted. "So I'll keep the job."

He nodded his head in understanding. "What are your plans for today?"

"Uhm I'm just gonna get settled in, relax. Kind of just have a reset day." I explained "what about you?"

"The same. I'm gonna go get some weed and shit."

"Are you allowed to smoke with your new medicine?" I asked.

"Yeah just no liquor."

"Okay, can you get me some too?"

"Of course baby," he smiled and stepped closer to me. "Gimme kiss."

I blushed, kissing him back when he kissed me. He slowly ran his hands up my back and then down to my ass, which he gripped with both hands.

"I can't wait until your birthday," he sighed and pulled away.

"Why?"

"Cause you won't be underage anymore."

"You act like it's that deep your only twenty." I explained. "And you just turned twenty. It's a two year age difference."

"Still, I ain't tryna get in no trouble so I'll wait. But until then theirs nothing wrong with just using my mouth."

He kissed my Lips one more time, before finally leaving my room.

I hope that this isn't a game to him. Because for me, my feelings are very much involved.