chapter forty six

point of view - marianna ortez

I looked at myself in my full body mirror, checking my new outfit out.

"Is the nigga you called for me at least cute?" Aniyah asked me.

"Yeah he's cute for you, we dont have the same type tho." I explained.

"You're right," she laughed. "Okay how do I look?"

"You look fine as hell," I complimented her, "what about me?"

"Like the fine baddass that you are," she hyped me up. "Make sure you take a picture."

I agreed and posed in front of my mirror, snapping a few pics.

"Jahseh finna be mad huh?" I asked Aniyah nervously?

"Honestly, yes. But why does he get to show out and you cant? You've gotta stand up for yourself, and unlike Alaysia, if he swings Im swinging." Aniyah explained.

I nodded my head, "Alright.. lets go down. They're outside waiting for us."

Aniyah and made our way back downstairs, this time prepared to do the most and to have a good night. I just hoped that tonight wouldn't end in me in the bathtub washing away blood from my bruises.

"Where are y'all going?" Jahseh asked me as Aniyah and I reached the front door.

"No where, my date is here," I explained as I reached for the door nob.

"Your date?" Jahseh sounded mad already.

"Yeah my date. You have a hoe here so worry about her," I pointed out.

He smirked and nodded his head. I looked away and opened the front door, welcoming Jayson and Jordan into the house.

Jordan was here for me, he's a tall brow skin with Carmel colored dreads with light brown eyes. I used to talk to him back when I was like fourteen. But it didn't really go anywhere. We didn't have anything in common and he's only interested in one thing.

Which is why he was good for making Jahseh jealous. He knew why he was here and he loved to show out. So this was perfect.

Jayson was here for Aniyah, and this was a real little date for them. I was putting them on with each other.

"Aniyah this is Jayson, Jayson this is Aniyah," I introduced them to each other.

The two of them starting saying their hellos while I took a moment to say hello to Jordan, who was finer than I remember him being. "And how have you been?" I smiled at him.

"Ive been good, I see god been playing favorites with you. You look good, ma," he grabbed my hand, spinning me in a slow circle to check me out.

As I slowly spun, I had a chance to look at jahseh and he looked unhappy with my actions.