chapter forty nine

point of view - marianna ortez

"So what happened up there?" Laysia asked me.

I don't think I'm ready for all of the girl talk mombo jumbo with her just yet. I think I need some time to even process the conversation we just had.

"Uhm nothing," I stated. "I'm gonna go to my room though so.. just let me know when you want me to go with you to the doctor."

She nodded her head and didn't say anything else.

I stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge before going to my room. "I need some water," I spoke to Jahseh because he leaning against the fridge with his hands in his pants, looking at me.

He reached and pulled me to him, wrapping his hand around my neck and kissing me. I felt his tongue slide across my lips and I granted him access as my hands slid up his chest.

"get a fuckin room," Isaiah yelled.

I pulled away from Jahseh, blushing while he smirked at me. He reached into the fridge and handed me a water bottle.

"You sleeping in my room tonight?" He asked.

"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"Nah I was telling you," he stated.

I smirked, "I'll think about it."

With my water in hand, I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my bedroom. I closed the door and flopped on my bed next to Aniya.

"Why is your face so red?" She asked me.

"Jahseh just kissed the fuck out of me in the kitchen... in front of all of his homeboys," I explained.

"Ouuu, lucky you. I wish my nigga would claim me," she frowned.

"You have a nigga?" I was flabbergasted.

"Not really," she sighed. "You know Isaiah? Well we be fuckin."

My jaw dropped, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, that's why he's mad at me right now. Because I was flirting with Jayson or whatever the fuck his name was. But he told me we're just friends with benefits so I don't get why he's even mad."

"When did he say that?" I asked.

"Yesterday. And now he won't even talk to me."

"Didn't he just have a hoe on him downstairs?" I pointed out.

"Yeah. Exactly." She yelled. "I'm sick of it, I wanna be with him but not like this."

"Trust me I understand that, way too much. " I opened my water bottle and took a drink from it. "Did you tell him that?"

"Yeah... he said it's because of my age, like bitch I'm seventeen just like you. Jahseh doesn't care why does he care? You should ask Jahseh to talk to him," she told me.

"I'll try," I agreed. "I don't really know where we stand either. Like right now we're good. But he's so bipolar I don't know if hell even still feels that way tomorrow."