chapter twenty three

point of view - marianna ortez

________________________

"I don't know I just can't sleep I'm lonely," I smiled at jahseh through the screen.

"You miss me?" He smiled.

"Yeah I do." I admitted. I yawned and grabbed my laptop, facing then other way. I sat it down on the other side of the bed and snuggled into my pillow.

"You want me to sing to you?" He asked me.

I nodded my head.

He grabbed his guitar from somewhere and started strumming the strings, "before I lay me down to sleep. I pray the lord my soul to keep. I hope it's not too late for me..."

I felt myself drifting off to sleep as he continued singing to me. His voice brought me peace.

______________________

I woke up to hearing shower water. I sat up, confused as I looked around my room. I saw my laptop and noticed that Jahseh was still on the phone.

The sound was coming from my laptop showing he was probably in the shower. I sat up in my bed and grabbed my remote, turning my tv on.

I have no idea what I'm going to do today. Jah was going to be performing today so I was gonna have to keep myself occupied for a little while.

"You awake baby?" Jahseh asked.

I looked over at the laptop and saw him wrapping a towel around his waist, i licked my lips, remember how good he tastes.

"Yeah I just woke up,' i explained. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept good, did you?" He told me.

"I slept good." I would've slept better if he was home.  "What time is your performance again I forgot."

"It's at one, I have to get there at like ten for sound check and shit though." He explained.

"Okay," I nodded my head. "I think I'm just gonna watch movies maybe invite laysia over."

"That sounds like fun. What are y'all gonna do?"

"Probably just smoke and drink. Make TikTok and have some girls time," I explained. "I'm almost out of  weed baby."

"Imma send Zeke to get you some from the dispensary," he told me. "Just bud or do you want edibles and carts or some other shit."

"Uhm a little of everything," I answered. I picked up my phone after hearing that I got a text.

_______________________

Bestie😈💕: what's the move. My man is gone and I'm bored.

Me: Jah said you can stay in the guest room until they get back from tour. You down?

Bestie😈💕: where was this news last night I was struggling to fall asleep!!!

Me: I was tryna see if I could do it by myself, I ended up falling asleep after Jah sang to me over FaceTime.

Bestie😈💕: awww that's so cute! MBN 💗

Me: I literally was struggling and he didn't even finish the song I was out like a light.
Me: what time are you coming I need to go to the grocery store.

Bestie😈💕: packing my bags now should be there  in the next hour.
Bestie😈💕: wait for me we can go together.

Read at 8:13 Am

_________________________

I put my phone down and looked over at Jahseh who was putting on deodorant.

"Sorry I was just texting laysia," I stated. "What were you saying."

"Zeke is finna go to the dispo soon," he told me.

"Okay, Laysia is about to be on her way and we're gonna go grocery shopping."

"Send me the Total and I'll cashapp you," he told me.

"You don't have to cashapp me, I got it." I told him.

"Imma cashapp you," he repeated.

"But-"

He just looked at me so I decided against arguing with him because I know I wasn't going to win this argument.

"How much is the weed?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I can't wait til you turn eighteen," he told me. "You just keep going you're gonna make it worse on yourself."

"Why do we have to wait until in eighteen?" I asked.

"Because I'm twenty and I'm not catching no more cases." He told me.

"But who's gonna snitch?" I asked.

"I'm in the public eye, anyone could do anything. I learned that the hard way," he explained. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the fact that his ex girlfriend Geneva did him dirty but imma just mind my business.

"I get it." I agreed. "But just so you know... I wouldn't do that."

"I know that," he told me. "It's just that I'd rather be safe then sorry."

I nodded my head.