chapter fourty one

point of view - marianna ortez -

"Oh look at you," jahseh frowned when he saw my bruises. He reached towards me, causing me to flinch.

"I- I'm not gonna hurt you," he frowned.

I knocked my head and seated myself on the leather couch. "Why did you come back? Aren't you supposed to be on tour right now?"

"I cancelled the rest of the tour."

"W-why would you do that?" I didn't like the idea of him having all the free time in the world to terrorize me.

"I need to be here for you and get my mental health together. I just... realized.... What I did- what I've been doing it's not okay."

I couldn't agree more, but I'd prefer if he didn't get it together around me or for me.

"I hope you're not doing none of this for me because I'm not going to be with you.... Ever." I explained.

His facial expression changed from shocked, to angry, to annoyance. "I'm trying to apologize."

"There's no apology in the world that you could give me to make me forgive you or want to be with you," I explained.

He shook his head and sat down next to me on the couch. I watched him carefully. He scares me... knowing what he's capable of scares me.

"You don't have to be scared of me..." he sighed. "I wanted to tell you... there's a procedure I can do... it's some kind of brain surgery I can't really explain it as well as the doctors did but it would help to get rid of my disorder or help to minimize the outbursts and side effects."

"That's good I hope that works out for you," I gave him a small awkward smile.

"Baby I'm sorry," he sighed.

"For which part? For cheating on while I was driving across the country for you? Did dumping me in New York with absolutely no money or nothing? Or for beating the shit out of me?"

He clenched his jaw and looked away from me, as if he was trying hard to compose himself. "Yes for all of it I'm very sorry and I want you to forgive me so we can move past this and work on us."

I shrugged my shoulders and sat back, "I'm sure that's your Plan but I don't care."

"You can be a real b-" he stopped himself and looked away.

"We're you about to call me a bitch!"

"No I was just saying you can be a real pain sometimes."

"Well at least I never caused you pain." I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes before grabbing my hands, forcing me to look at him.

"Forgive me baby?"