Chapter 23

Elenas Pov
As soon as the full-time whistle blows. I run down the pitch to check on Pedri. "Are you okay???" I ask him, and I hug him." I'm okay...." He whispers, and I just nod and peck his lips. "I gotta get changed. I'll meet you at the car park." He said, and I nodded. He leaves down the tunnel. 
I see Pablo walk past, and I grab his arm. "Can we please talk...." I ask him, and he nods. We go and sit down on the benches. Everyone else has left, so it's just us.
"Look, I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry.....I shouldn't have done this....but I was selfish, and I hate myself so much for hurting you...." I tell him, and he looks at me. "Then why did you do it, Elena....especially with my best friend out of all people....." He looks away. "The truth is....I've always liked him from the start. I just hid it by hating him instead. And when you said you liked me. I was like, okay, this perfectly great guy likes me. I can make this work.....and I did like you Pablo I promise....I just -" "Liked pedri more...." He finished for me, and I nodded. "Yeah....and I tried to push all the feelings away I did... but I couldn't do it, and I broke and kissed him...." I look down. "You kissed him??" He looks at me and stands up. "I know, and I'm sorry....that's why you can't blame Pedri cause he didn't steal me from you. I'm the one who initiated it all. And I'm the one who said I didn't want to end things with you because I didn't want to hurt you....there were times he wanted to tell you, and I stopped him... " I looked down. "So it's all your fault...." He looks at me, and I nod."Yes....and I'm really sorry Pablo for hurting you.....and I do care about you....but you just can't help who you fall in love with." I tell him, and he just nods. "Thank you for your apology, Elena....but as I said to Pedri. I don't know if I'll ever be able to be friends with any of you again...." He walks away, and I just nod. I wouldn't wanna be friends with me either.
I get up and head down the tunnel, and I wait outside the locker room for Pedri. He comes out and sees me and smiles. "Hola mi princesa, you ready to go?" He asks, and I nod. He takes my hand, and we walk to his car. He opens my door and lets me in. And I smile at him. He goes around to his side. I look at him. "So I spoke to Pablo...
" I tell him, and he nods. "Me too....you go first." He said, and I nodded.
"I just told him that I'm sorry and that he shouldn't say you stole me. Because I'm the one who kissed you first....and that it's all my fault. " He looks at me. "Elena, don't say that.....it isn't your fault....we did this together, not just you." He tells me and grabs my hand, and I nod. "I know, but I just don't want him to be mad at you...." I look down. He lifts my chin and makes me look at him in the eyes. "He's always gonna be mad at me. I still did it. Elena and I was his best friend. Maybe you kissed me first, but I didn't stop you. And every time you ended it. I ran back to you, begging you to change your mind. Because I love you so much and I couldn't just let you go...." He whispers, and I nod. "I love you too...." He kisses my lips softly, and I smile into the kiss.
"What did he say after?" He asks as he starts driving. "Just the same thing he told you, apparently. That he didn't think he could ever be our friends again...." I say, and he nods. "Yeah, I just apologised too and said we didn't mean to hurt him..and that you just can't help who you fall in love with..." He squeezes my hand. I smile, and I kiss his cheek. He drives to his house, and we get out and head inside.
"Hey, Fer," I said and sat down next to him."Hello. Elena. God, what happened to your face??" He looks at Pedri."Did you not watch?" He shakes his head. "Well, it was Pablo. He just let all his anger out on me. Cause I stole his goal like I stole his girl...." Pedri tells him, and Fer eyes widen."Never thought I'd see you two fighting....especially over a girl...." He said, and I looked down. "Pedri puts his arms around me. She's just not any girl....she's a special girl." I smile at him and peck his lips. I cuddle into him, and we all just sit there talking and then watch a movie. I slowly fall asleep in his arms. Before I fall into a deep sleep. I hear him. "Te amo Elena....please don't ever leave me...."