Chapter 57

Huo Bei came back not long after he left, holding a branch with berries in its mouth.

When wolves need to eat, they will occasionally eat berries, but very few, but for wolves like Qi Chu who can't eat meat, it's just enough to eat a little.

When Qi Chu saw the broken branch, he knew it was violently disassembled. The berries were not big, and there were not many of them in early spring. At least Qi Chu didn't find them, and he didn't know where Huo Bei found them.

"Eat some of this." Huo Bei pushed the tree full of berries to Qi Chu's face. It was a little dissatisfied seeing Qi Chu's starving and skinny appearance.

Compared to Qi Chu like this, Huo Bei felt that the fur all over his body was still fluffy, and the furry Qi Chu looked better.

When some animals are unwell, they will eat grass or other things to relieve their discomfort. This is an innate ability of animals. It is a pity that Qi Chu, a half-way husky, did not learn this.

Huo Bei thought that the reason why Qi Chu couldn't eat it was most likely due to physical discomfort. This kind of berry was something they would eat to relieve the symptoms when they were unwell in the past. Huo Bei moved up to Qi Chu and rubbed him lightly.

Qi Chu sniffed the berry, the smell was a bit sweet and sour, and some fruits were not yet ripe, he bit one out of curiosity, the sourness made the whole husky's face crumpled together.

He stuck out his tongue almost immediately, exhaled continuously, and then pulled his tongue with his claws, trying to relieve the sour feeling on the tip of his tongue.

"Is it hard to eat?" There was a hint of a smile in Huo Bei's voice, which showed that he had tasted it before and knew that the fruit was a bit sour.

"It's not tasty." Qi Chu obediently lay down on the ground. He gnawed a mouthful of the unmelted snow, which made him feel better. His furry ears trembled slightly, and the husky's ear cartilage was covered with fine fluff, which was very soft to the touch. He looked at the berries in front of him, and didn't want to take another bite.

"But you didn't have any problems a while ago, and suddenly you can't eat anything these days, you probably need to eat some berries." Huo Bei guessed Qi Chu's situation based on his experience in living in the wild, and it said: "Be patient, eat two more."

In the end, Qi Chu held two berries in his mouth in front of Huo Bei, his careful thoughts of escaping were all written on his face, Huo Bei didn't expose it, he just half-lyed beside Qi Chu, and asked Qi Chu to say a few words from time to time, Qi Chu had no choice but to swallow the sour berries.

The lies I told had to be put on with tears in my eyes.

Early the next morning, when Huo Bei stared at Qi Chu eating berries again, Qi Chu grinned and tried to back away, but Huo Bei grabbed the back of his neck without saying a word, and said in a low voice, "I watch you eat."

He couldn't hide even if he wanted to, Qi Chu felt that it was too difficult for him to lie, he stubbornly wanted to escape, dragged his whole body back, hooked his paws on the ground, and refused to eat this extremely sour berry no matter what.

However, the size difference between huskies and wolves is huge. Huo Bei pushed this stubborn husky to the front almost easily. It looked like this, and it was determined to fight Qi Chu to the end.

"It's so sour..." The fruit was so sour that Qi Chu was drooling in the middle of the night last night. When he woke up early this morning, when he licked his fangs, he felt that the teeth could hardly be touched. The indescribable sourness made the hairs all over his body explode.