Chapter 17: Pressing on Tail

In March, Siberia was covered with snow, and there were footprints of beasts and birds all over the ground. The paw prints left by the wolves walking by were particularly conspicuous. Even if the snow covered the original traces, this road stepped by the wolves was also very conspicuous.

Huo Bei stood next to the footprints, lowered his head and sniffed, seeing that the road was a bit crooked, and he didn't know where it was going. There was a high probability that these wolves had gone crooked again.

It looked up at the direction in which the paw prints extended, and sighed deeply.

Huo Bei has no other thoughts now, but hopes that these wolves will be more sensible and stay where they are. As long as they don't move, Huo Bei will be able to find them sooner.

"You said that the boss will be very pleasantly surprised when he sees us." After Galle and Qi Chu got acquainted, he became more interested in the "relationship history" between him and Huo Bei. From time to time, he leaned over and asked curiously: "It was the boss who started chasing you. Can you just use rabbits and moose to catch up with your spouse?"

"You can't chase your spouse with rabbits and moose." Qi Chu thought for a while and said, "Actually, the process of your boss's pursuit of me was not smooth. After all, I have high demands, so it's not easy to chase."

"How high are your requirements?" Galle asked curiously, tilting his head, turning his head to look at Qi Chu from time to time.

Qi Chu's handsome wolf face showed an unfathomable expression. He twitched the corner of his mouth and raised his chin slightly: "I can hunt, warm my nest, lick my paws, lick my fur, fight for me, and take care of cubs...the most important thing is..."

When Qi Chu said this, he paused for a while, Galle pricked up his ears curiously, and moved closer to him, Qi Chu lowered his voice, and whispered: "Five-legged wolf."

Galle tilted his head, and the irritable wolf couldn't understand the hidden meaning in this sentence, so he just let out a meaningful "oh".

"You understand?" Qi Chu asked.

"I don't understand." Galle was very honest, it said: "But I haven't seen a five-legged wolf... But isn't the boss four-legged?"

"No, five legs." Qi Chu laughed, and said maliciously: "There is another one, you haven't seen it before."

Galle was even more puzzled. He and Huo Bei belonged to a pack of wolves and had been together for a long time, but Qi Chu and Huo Bei had only seen their fifth leg for a few days.

"Then have you seen it?" Galle asked.

"I've seen it." Qi Chu nodded, and he said, "Otherwise, why would I have a baby?"

Galle faintly felt that he seemed to understand, but he didn't understand what it meant.

In fact, this is really not Qi Chu's nonsense. Although he was a little confused when he was sleeping in Huo Bei's arms at night, he clearly felt something sticking to him in his belly. As for what it was, he didn't dare to look carefully.

That thing is a bit thick and it moves.

Sawyer and Herro, who were walking in front, sniffed the smell all the way. They had given up on the sense of direction, and felt that the smell was more reliable. Although the smell was very weak, they could still find a trace if they tried to smell it.

It's just very unfortunate that where the smell was interrupted, they saw the paw prints on the tree. The paw prints were very deep, leaving deep ravines on the tree trunk. The huge paw prints on the ground showed the ferocity of this beast.

"It's a brown bear." Sawyer and Hero leaned over, took a sniff, and said in a low tone, "And it smells like blood."

"It's the scent of a cub of the same kind." Gano also stepped forward to sniff it, and it turned its head and said, "It smells like a wolf cub, but it looks like it's dead. It's basically impossible for a wolf cub to be alive when it encounters a brown bear."

Brown bears in the wild will kill or even eat wolf cubs when they encounter them. Although the wolves are powerful, one or two wolves cannot stop the behavior of brown bears. Qi Chu turned his head and looked at the rock on the other side. The paw prints are very obvious. They are the paw prints of wolves. It can be seen that they are two wolves.

"They just watched their wolf cubs being eaten by brown bears." Gano said calmly, but his paws slowly raised, and it said, "Two wolves can't stop a bear. If they rush forward rashly, not only will they not be able to save the wolf cubs, they will even catch themselves."

Several other wolves agreed with Garno's words.

Although the dead wolf cub was not part of their pack, what worried Sawyer was that the brown bear that killed the wolf cub was still around here. If they encountered it, they would inevitably fight.

They are not afraid of brown bears, but encountering brown bears under such circumstances is by no means good news.

There is still a puddle of blood in the snow, and after two more snowfalls, it will not be visible, but the bear claw marks on the tree trunk here may not be healed, even after decades, they will not heal.

"Go around." Herro sniffed the smell of blood on the ground, and then sniffed the breath left by the brown bear by the tree. He looked up at the direction the brown bear left, and said, "The brown bear should have just left. We only have five...six wolves now, and it can't fight yet. It just lost its little wolf cub, so it can't fight."

Although Herro doesn't have a partner yet, none of the wolves in the pack has a spouse, but they have seen that when they were young, the female wolf in the wolf pack would not fight after she was pregnant, and the wolf pack would protect her.

"Let's go around," Sawyer said.

After their delay, Huo Bei got closer to them, but halfway through, Huo Bei heard a cry, he paused slightly, and turned his head to look into the bushes bent by the snow.

That immature cry came from here, with a trace of eagerness, it could be heard that the little guy was hungry, Huo Bei raised his paw and walked over, it lifted the grass and dead branches in front of him.

The brown bear cub was still very young, and it barked because of hunger. It didn't know what kind of terrible predator it was attracting by its barking.

When it raised its head, it could only feel that the dead branches and snow above its head had been blown away. Just seeing a little light, it was immediately covered by a layer of shadow, and its pupils reflected the cold and cruel face of a vicious wolf.

...

When the brown bear came back, there was still blood on its mouth. There were only five wolf cubs in the litter. As far as the brown bear's food intake was concerned, it was nothing more than filling the stomach, and it was not enough to eat.

But when it came back, it found that its nest had been opened, its whole body stiffened, the muscles of its back tensed, and it rushed over, but only saw the cub's body, and then let out an angry roar.

Like brown bears, wolves will kill bear cubs if they come across them.

This is nature, for food, for living space.

Huo Bei had already walked a little far, but he could still hear the angry roar of the brown bear. It didn't even pause in its footsteps, and continued to walk forward. Its tail was slightly raised in joy, but soon fell down again, and looked back at the tip of its tail angrily.

In the past few nights, because it was not used to being touched by Qi Chu's belly, it raised its tail to block between the two wolves, but soon, its tail was pressed under Qi Chu's body, and it fell into a deep sleep.

Until its tail became numb, it still felt a little painful when hooking its tail for the past two days.

The author has something to say:

Huo Bei: I heard that you told wolves everywhere that you were pregnant with a cub

Qi Chu: Huh? What? Siberia is so windy I can't hear it!