Chapter 15: Sympathy from Wolves

"The smell is quite strong. It should have been away not long ago." With a sullen face, Huo Bei lowered his head and sniffed the smell again with some reluctance. After walking around here twice, he confirmed that the smell was indeed towards the mountain, and the direction of the paw prints was also towards the road up the mountain.

After realizing this, it pawed at the snow irritably, with a hint of impatience in its eyes.

Suddenly, its expression paused slightly, the tip of its nose moved, and then it looked down at the place where it pulled out. There was a faint trace of darker color on it. After sniffing, Huo Bei slowly tilted his head, with his tail hanging behind him, and said in a low voice, "So it came here."

Sleeping next to it for several days, clinging to it with its belly every day, and wagging its tail from time to time, the wolf whose hunting skills are extremely poor, escaped here, it was really a surprise.

Huo Bei showed his sharp fangs and his eyes were fierce.

It looked up at the series of footprints, raised its claws and continued to follow.

Huo Bei has already clearly realized that it is useless to wait for the other party to come back here, because one has a lack of sense of direction, and the other has no sense of letting go. With their two crouching dragon and phoenix cubs around, it is impossible for this pack of wolves to return to their original position.

This wolf king must be physically and mentally exhausted.

*

"How did you know each other at that time?" Compared to Sawyer and the others, Galle was obviously much more active. He leaned over to Qichu's side and asked very puzzled, "Where are your wolves?"

"I'm a lone wolf, there is no pack of wolves." Qi Chu walked slowly, taking a break from time to time. He licked his paws: "The day I met your boss, I happened to be stopped by a lynx. It was your boss who fell from the sky and saved me."

Qi Chu beautified the story a bit, cutting out the fact that she screamed in pain when she was crushed by Huo Bei's claws.

"Lone wolf..." Galle looked at Qi Chu, thinking of the fact that the other party was kicked twice by the hare with the mouth full, he clicked lightly: "Then what?"

"Then your boss started chasing me, brought me food, and slept next to me." Qi Chu climbed up the mountain with difficulty, even the tip of his tail was exerting force, and his claws hooked on the grass stems, leaving pits one after another in the snowdrift: "You have also seen that it also left a smell on me."

Huo Bei did leave a deep impression on Qi Chu, and in Galle's impression, this was really abnormal.

"I never dreamed that the boss would pursue other wolves, and it was still a male wolf." Galle was really shocked, after all, Huo Bei's performance all the time, not to mention male wolves, even female wolves were not interested.

It has a surly personality, and basically seldom speaks except leading the wolves to hunt and rest.

"Then have you ever wondered why your boss never pursued the she-wolf?" Qi Chu asked.

"Why?" Galle raised his blank face.

"Because your boss likes the male wolf." Qi Chu sighed deeply: "It likes the male wolf, so why would it pursue the female wolf?"

Galle: ...

Seems to make sense.

Qi Chu, who talked nonsense about literature, successfully fooled Galle to a deeper level. Now Galle has no doubts about what Qi Chu said, and nodded in approval: "So it's because of this."

Gano, who had been not far away, turned his head and glanced at this side. After his ears moved slightly, he turned and followed Sawyer and the others.

This mountain road is not easy to walk. According to Qi Chu's prediction, they need to find the place where they fell off the cliff first, and then follow the smell to find it, but after a snowstorm, the smell has long been blown away, and there is no trace of Huo Bei's breath along the way.

"Then how do you reproduce when you are together? How?" For wolves, reproduction is a very important issue. Galle paused: "Male wolves cannot have cubs."

"If you think about it, it's not impossible." Qi Chu sighed: "Huo Bei can even like male wolves, why can't male wolves have cubs?"

"Are you born?" Galle's face froze.

"..." Qi Chu stopped for a moment, he thought for a while: "It's not impossible."

Anyway, they have already fooled to this point, it doesn't matter how outrageous it is.

Qi Chu felt that saving his life was the most important thing right now, and before Huo Bei returned to the pack of wolves, his injuries were almost healed, so he just spread his paws and ran for his life. Naturally, this rumor couldn't be blamed on him.

The whole pack of wolves fell silent. Sawyer and the others were on their way before, but it didn't mean they couldn't hear the discussion behind them. On the contrary, the hearing of the wolves was very sensitive. No matter how low the discussion sound of Galle and Qi Chu was, they could hear it clearly and word for word.

Qi Chu was watched by so many wolves, and the atmosphere was a bit weird. His fluffy tail drooped anxiously, wondering if he had gone too far.

"No wonder Huo Bei hunted for you." Galle gasped, suddenly felt that this seemed reasonable, and subconsciously looked at Gano, who sighed deeply.

"Male wolves cannot give birth to cubs." Gano said helplessly, "Only female wolves can."

"But after the partner is pregnant, the male wolf will hunt for the partner." Galle retorted.

In a pack of wolves, if the female wolf is pregnant, the male wolf will go out to hunt for the pregnant partner, and bring it back for the partner to eat, taking care of the partner very meticulously.

"Then are you pregnant now?" Galle asked curiously.

Before Qi Chu could answer, she kept hiding behind the tree, and the autistic Jela whispered, "But even if she was pregnant with a wolf cub, if she fell from the cliff, the cub would be gone... No wonder she shed so much blood."

Qi Chu tilted his head. Although Sawyer and the others are not easy to fool, the two youngest, Galle and Gera, are easy to fool. They even have a reason to think about whether there are cubs in their belly.

"When the boss comes back, he must be very sad to know that his cub is gone." Jie La said in a low voice.

After being sung by Galle and Gera, Qichu somehow had a cub in his stomach, and then somehow disappeared. In an instant, he was unable to hunt, his ability to climb hills was poor, and the reasons for his miserable cry were all complete.

He was very sad because he had just lost his own wolf cub.

For a moment, a shadow was cast over the pack of wolves, and several wolves continued to walk up the mountain dejectedly. Jiela even gently nudged Qi Chu as if to comfort him, and then hid behind a tree when Qi Chu turned his head.

"Sawyer." The youngest Herro followed beside Sawyer and whispered, "Is it possible to conceive a baby in a few days?"

"How do I know, I never gave birth again." Sawyer sighed, and it took a deep look at Herro: "Are you acquiescing that male wolves can conceive cubs now?"

"How do I know." Herro thought for a while, "But if you fall from such a height, the wolf cub should be gone."

"..." Sawyer looked at Herro and sighed, "You just tacitly agree that male wolves can conceive cubs."

Huo Bei, who was climbing up the mountain following the scent, didn't know that he had just lost a certain pup that was not meant to be.

And gained the sympathy of the whole wolf pack.

The author has something to say:

Qi Chu: I'm sorry Galle, but you are so easy to fool.