|68| Untroubled the Thing I Found

Untroubled the Thing I Found
by Threcia May S. Caimo

Oceans in your eyes,

Untroubled, the thing I found,

Calm you are, Erin.

From the author:

This haiku unfolds the anticipation of a future, encapsulated in the name Erin. Enchanted by the idea that this name, chosen for a potential niece, embodies a promise of tranquility and peace. Imagining Erin as a person, akin to the vast ocean, becomes a captivating vision—one who imparts a sense of calm and serenity to those around her.

The name's inherent meaning, "peace," becomes a metaphorical anchor, grounding the hope that Erin's presence will mirror the undisturbed stillness of the ocean. Much like the tranquil surface of the sea, untroubled and serene, Erin has the potential to bring joy and peace to those who encounter her.

Envisioning Erin as a personification of her name, the haiku paints a picture of a serene soul, much like the ocean at rest. The subtle imagery of the untroubled sea aligns with the wish that Erin, too, will radiate a calm aura, offering solace to everyone she encounters. The sentiment is shared not only by the author but also resonates with the hopeful expectation of the sister, unveiling the shared joy in witnessing Erin's future unfolding.