|29| Somebody Lost

Somebody Lost
Figurative poem by Maria Celeste B.  Ayaay

Standing near to sea side shore,

Thinking life, until sun shine.

Sadness, sorrow strike to hard,

Starting to take her strength to stand.

She wants to shrink at sea right away.

But someone's shoulder came to save her,

Struggles that can make her stop to swim.

Switch at one snap and shifted to a success,

Power of sharing sore secret to somebody.

Heal your soul on the spot peacefully.

From the author:

I employed alliteration in my figurative poetry, crafting a narrative about a woman grappling with the aftermath of a mistake that threatened to engulf her life in misery. Overwhelmed, she contemplates ending her life at sea, only to realize that perhaps it's not the opportune moment to depart; there are unresolved matters tethering her to Earth. In her despair, a stranger becomes her solace, providing a comforting presence and a receptive ear for her unspoken sorrows.

As she articulates her concealed resentments, the burdens weighing on her psyche miraculously lighten. For me, this underscores the profound impact of having someone to confide in during moments of desolation. The poem suggests that even when we believe ourselves bound by the mistakes of our past, there exists a person who can embrace us despite our missteps. True tranquility, it proposes, emerges when we release the grip of the past and embark on a journey toward personal growth.

In moments of despair, the poem implies, it is crucial to recognize that not everything unfolds according to our desires, and patience is a virtue. Attempting to expedite the healing process may provide an illusion of recovery, but true healing takes time. The narrative unfolds similarly for the poem's subject, who finds salvation from her past when someone steps in to offer support. The poem illustrates the profound impact of having a listening ear — a blessing that, even if it doesn't provide the most eloquent solace, manifests in the form of a comforting presence. This presence, it suggests, is often sufficient to soothe the soul and facilitate the release of burdensome emotions.