|43| "Lamp"

Lamp

Figurative Poem by Niña Sharisse M. Guevarra

At night, lamps unchained him in glooms

With it by his side, dictate his path all through out.

It shouts simplicity,

As light continues to dance.

When heat starts to sway,

Fire painted ashes and shadows.

Though it can harm, it makes him calm.

In the middle of the night,

Brightness conquered the dark.

From the author:

Years ago, a traditional lamp is the main source of light for people at nighttime. The fact that there is no electricity, its dim light sends calmness and simplicity of life. Looking at how the light sways with the wind seem to be relaxing and at peace.

Consequently, I used this in my poem to symbolize the people when they are having a hard time and dark parts in living their life. I compare it whenever we have problems, struggles, and challenges, we must do our best to be positive and make that situation lighter and brighter. There's the old saying "Brighten the corner where you are." 

Be the light of your own life. Further, as lamp produces light shadows are also created and exist. It shows the dark side of people. As we are not perfect, we make mistakes, and we can go wrong.

With that, each one of us may consider it as a 'negative' side of ours. We do have flaws and imperfections that may result in misunderstandings and conflicts as for the lamp too much can cause fire and burn.

On a positive note, let us be all the lamps of our life and even to others, who spread positivity and brightness especially at dark times. We altogether surpass hardships and burdens coming in our life.