|78| Peacefulness

Peacefulness
John Paul Hansel Y. Malabag

Peacefulness, Calm as a river

Coolness fills the air,

I sleep peacefully.

from the author:

In the first line, I find a reflection of myself – calm as a river that maintains its tranquility amidst numerous challenges. I persevere, refusing to succumb to adversity, and instead, embrace the current of life with serene resilience, akin to a calm river. The second line draws a parallel to the refreshing quality of cool air, providing relief when we feel the heat. Similarly, in life's heated moments, maintaining composure is essential. Even when faced with intense challenges, it's crucial to stay cool-headed, think rationally, and refrain from hastily making decisions that may harm others.

The final line encapsulates my peaceful slumber, a result of not incessantly dwelling on life's problems. Instead, I confront challenges with courage, standing firm in the face of adversity. I do not retreat because I recognize the presence of an ally greater than any problem – the unwavering support of the Lord. By entrusting our troubles to Him, we find guidance and the strength to overcome obstacles, fostering a deep sense of trust in His ability to lead us through life's difficulties.