|23| Fireflies Glitters

Fireflies Glitters
Haiku by Ramel, Melza Luz Z.

On the starry skies,

The fireflies shine brightly,

A night dew glitters.

From the author:

This haiku I've crafted explores the theme of discovering illumination in the midst of darkness. It subtly emphasizes the presence of people and elements around us that can bring hope and joy, mirroring the imagery of a starlit sky adorned with glowing fireflies, where a dew sparkles like a jewel, offering companionship.

Unlike the harshness of the scorching sun, these various forms of illumination gently guide us. It serves as a poignant reminder that the light we choose in life should be supportive, aiding us in finding our paths without imposing a forceful influence. The stars in the sky symbolize those who watch over us, even when their presence may not be overtly felt, much like faintly glimmering stars observing from above during moments of surrounding darkness.

The fireflies, emitting a collective glow, illuminate their surroundings, symbolizing the importance of surrounding oneself with people of good intentions. This suggests the idea of having companions who stand by you, especially during the darkest periods of the mind.

The analogy of dew forming as objects cool down serves as a metaphor for the need to relax and release ourselves from past experiences that have caused pain. Similar to how dew reflects the light sources around it, we should reflect on our experiences, allowing them to shape our perspectives positively.