|42| "Ray of Sunshine"

Ray of Sunshine

Figurative Poem by Ma. Cherry Mae Bristol

The wind whispered in my ear

when I woke up one morning

And said, "Dear, Keep going!"

I open my eyes and saw

A paradise that I cannot imagine.

Then I notice that I was lying on the ground,

But it feels very comforting.

I look around as if I was lost

And saw the flowers and trees waving their leaves

While the bees and butterflies are giggling.

As I look up in the sky,

I saw the sun smiling at me

I walk around in the greenland

While the sun's rays follows me

On the path He has provided for me.

From the author: 

From the first to third line of the poem, you can notice that the wind is the one who woke up the person in the poem. The wind represent as the courage of that person to keep going and waking up one morning as his new beginning. 

And then, in the 4th and 5th line of the poem the person open his eyes and then he was amazed and mesmerized by the paradise he saw. 

The paradise represent as the new opportunities to come that can be given to him if he choose to keep moving. In the 6th and 7th line of the poem, the person notice that he was lying on the ground but despite of it he still feel very comfortable as if it was his own home. 

From 8th to 10th line of the poem, after of being amazed of what he saw, he still felt the anxiety that makes him feel lost in nowhere but as he look around and saw that he was welcomed by the things he saw. The flowers, trees, bees, and butterflies represent as the one who support the person in the poem, the goal he set that he wanted to achieve, his inspirations, and his will to keep fighting. 

Lastly, from the 11th to 15th line of the poem, his realization starts as he look up in the sky and saw the sun as his hope. He walked around to find the path that the God provided for him and the sun's light is guiding him and will follow him until to his darkest times.

This poem symbolizes hope, courage and new beginning. 

Talking about human's life, I can say that man's life is very complicated but sometimes we are the one who makes it more complicated, so we get more and more depressed and struggling as the days go by. But when we are awakened to the fact that problems or trials are given to make us even better and stronger. 

A new morning will emerge full of hope and opportunities that will give us the courage to fight and continue in everyday life. 

Whatever the challenge in life, if you have faith in God, "All is well"