|46| "Kəˈtastrəfē"

Kəˈtastrəfē

by Adriel Revilleza

The skies tear itself

And roar a thunder

Clouds start to weep.

Whilst winds whistling

Earth soaking,

Cold splash of reality gushing.

Drizzle seeping through veins,

Storm surge occurring,

Along dancing lightning.

Flash floods overflowing

An utter catastrophe as it is,

So am I refugee?

From the author:

The poetry entails our difficulties in life, how we're welcomed by chaotic instances. I've chosen calamity to portray the problems that we might encounter or the feeling when we are facing our downfall.

"The skies tear itself and roar a thunder" - have you ever felt when your heart can't bear the pain so your mind would be affected and it feels like there are voices that seeking for help but they sounded so hopeless.

When you're overwhelmed by emotions and begin to build inside you and slowly filling your system then something pull off the string of your patience so you explode without worrying on potential damages.

"Clouds start to weep, whilst winds whistling" - The feeling when we can no longer pacify the agony so we just cry our hearts out. When we're letting the warm tears roll down to our cheeks while running out of breath because it feels heavy that we think we are suffocating.

"Earth soaking, cold splash of reality gushing" - have you experienced making your tears as a comfort that you'll tell yourself that okay I felt bad today so maybe I'll just cry later. Through crying we can acknowledge what made us upset and will make us realize that it's alright to be vulnerable.

"Drizzle seeping through veins, storm surge occurring"- When it feels like you have been tormented through out your life that you forgot that we do suffer to be reminded that we are alive. Like to balance the good and bad things in the world or maybe we just hallucinate for happiness because we somehow wanted to escape in the reality that the world is absolutely cruel.

"Along dancing lightning, flash floods overflowing" - Why do we feel like we were punished in some point of our lives like we were hit by a big wave of confusion and then got drowned by our cynical thoughts.

"An utter catastrophe as it is, so am I refugee?" - Our emotions are just like catastrophe it is natural phenomena, it can damage us, it can destruct us, and it can cause distress.

Calamities come into us when we are least prepared. Before we can evacuate, it will knock us off and unfortunately we'll be homeless. Our troubles feel like we were put in the midst of the woods that instead of finding our way out we got lost, helplessly. We are refugee of our own complications, we can runaway on things that destroy us. We can withdraw ourselves on something or someone that caused us a lot of heartaches. We should free ourselves in occurrence of dilemma rather than being resilient, holding to something that continuously breaking us, it is not healthy. We should go on the way that we think the best for us, let us not agonize ourselves, let us seek for our own refuge.