|76| Crescent Moon Glows in Dark

Crescent Moon Glows in Dark
by Jillian C. Dela Cruz

When the flowers sprout,

The crescent moon glows in dark,

By winter, I'm home.

from the author:

This haiku captures the profound essence of life's journey, tracing the cyclical nature of existence from birth to the eventual return to the divine embrace. The blossoming flowers of Spring symbolize the dawn of life, marking our entry into this world. As we navigate the passage of time, embracing growth and self-discovery, challenges become an inevitable part of our narrative. The crescent moon, a celestial symbol, represents not just new beginnings but also the cherished bonds with family, friends, and others. In the face of life's trials, the resilient glow of the moon at night mirrors the unwavering hope and support that guide us through adversity.

Life, as depicted in this haiku, is a journey marked by ups and downs, a continuous striving towards our goals. The changing seasons symbolize the dynamic phases we experience, with winter representing the cold and lonely moments. However, the narrative shifts towards a poignant realization – that home is the comforting presence of God. In this divine refuge, there is rest, comfort, happiness, and the warm embrace of a new life awaiting us. The poem, when dissected, imparts the profound wisdom that life is inherently balanced and fair.

The reader is prompted to reflect on the inevitability of being born, engaging in life's pursuits, facing challenges, and the ultimate return to the divine source. The poem encourages an appreciation for each fleeting moment, urging us not to cease our endeavors despite challenges. It emphasizes the importance of resilience, standing tall after every fall, and persisting in our journey. The closing lines evoke a sense of calm acceptance, reminding us to cherish the journey and find hope amid life's twists and turns. Ultimately, it conveys the message that life unfolds at its own pace, urging us to remain hopeful amidst uncertainties and acknowledging that there is a destined time to conclude the book that was once opened.