Chapter 30: Pain

Tommy's POV

Tommy woke up and groaned. It was the middle of the night and he felt like shit. He must have slept wrong because his whole body was throbbing. He got up and started to head towards the door so he could get some water from the kitchen. Wait no- blood. He was a vampire now. Water can't do shit to quench his thirst. It was weird though considering he drank 30 people's blood. It was odd to think of himself as a serial killer now. As he got lost into whether or not he could go to prison for all the murder he has done, he arrived at the kitchen. He grabbed some blood in a juice pouch and poked a straw through it. He slurped it as he looked out the window. He was a little shocked to see his fake dad outside this late. He went outside, unsure if he would get his legs broken for being out there, and sat by the ancient bitch.

"So why are you out here?" I ask. Phil seems a little startled as he sees me.

"Oh, hey mate. I just am looking at the stars, contemplating what I saw in my nightmare."

"Vampires can have nightmares?"

"More visions than anything," Phil shrugs.

"Well I can listen, not like I have much of a choice if I am stuck here for eternity."

Phil smiles, "It was about you. In pain."

I begin to get up, "Yeah fuck no."

"Have you been in pain recently?"

"I mean I slept wrong and my body hurts, but I am leaving if you are going to talk about me being in pain."

"Let me check your back."

I look at him with confusion, "What?"

"Did I stutter?"

I walk over to him reluctantly. He grabs my shirt and pulls it up. I can hear a small gasp escape from his lips and shaky breaths.

"What's wrong?"

"Tommy. You are growing wings and they are almost going to burst through your back."

"WHAT!"

"Shhhhhh. Your brothers are sleeping!"

"They aren't my brothers!" I hiss.

Phil glares at me as more pain courses through me.

"Stop lying."

"I'm not!" The pain becomes unbearable as I collapse on the ground.

"Seems like you need help," Phil gives me a sickening smile.

"No shit-"

"Admit it."

This motherfucker! 

"Fine they are my brothers! Happy?"

Phil hums and picks me up before swiftly dropping me to the ground. I let out a scream of pain as Phil covers my mouth.

"We both know you didn't mean it."

I cry as I attempt to stutter out words. Phil just stares at me, waiting for me to submit as my back is bleeding out. I didn't even know vampires could bleed this much!

"P-please 

Dad..."

Phil's POV

Phil jolted awake as he had another nightmare. He dragged his feet to the outside where he could get some fresh air. He was enjoying himself but was a little surprised when somebody sat next to him.

"So why are you out here?" Tommy asks. I jump a little bit.

"Oh, hey mate. I just am looking at the stars, contemplating what I saw in my nightmare."

"Vampires can have nightmares?"

"More visions than anything," I shrug.

"Well I can listen, not like I have much of a choice if I am stuck here for eternity."

I smile, "It was about you. In pain."

"Yeah fuck no."

Tommy starts to walk away when I quickly ask him, "Have you been in pain recently?"

"I mean I slept wrong and my body hurts, but I am leaving if you are going to talk about me being in pain."

"Let me check your back."

"What?"

"Did I stutter?"

He walks over to me and I lift his shirt. There it is. Two bumps on his back indicating that he's about to be in terrible pain.

"What's wrong?"

"Tommy. You are growing wings and they are almost going to burst through your back."

"WHAT!" 

"Shhhhhh. Your brothers are sleeping!"

"They aren't my brothers!" 

I glare at him, "Stop lying."

"I'm not!" Tommy collapses on the ground as the wings start to break skin.

"Seems like you need help," I smile.

"No shit-"

"Admit it."

"Fine they are my brothers! Happy?" Tommy says in a condescending tone.

I will not take this shit. I pick him up and drop him to the ground. He screams in pain as I muffle out the sound by covering his mouth. 

"We both know you didn't mean it."

I stare at him as he helplessly lays there.

"P-please... Dad..."

Tommy passes out on the ground. I pick him up again and carry him to his room. I grab some bandages and a damp rag along the way for his back. I carefully wipe the blood as I bandage all the raw skin covering his back. I smile at the boy as I play with his golden locks.

I am so happy to know he means it.

-----------------------------------------------

End of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed. Have a great day!

Word Count: 787