Chapter 13:The More Things Stay the Same

Quickshadow logs a report to Optimus Prime about the state of the training facility: the computer system is out of control, the holographic disguise is failing, and both she and Blurr are small and all locked up.

Opening:

Back to the present:

Graham: We're at 80 coverage and falling.

And on a video call are Dani and Chief Burns.

Dani: What do I do? Our planes are photographing everything below them, the training center will be in full view of our engineering and military team.

Cody: The bot's canopy will blow up, Dani, you have to stop your test flight kit from taking off.

Dani: I'm just a pilot here, I don't give the orders.

Kade: well can't you? I don't know. Break your leg or something?

Dani: *annoyed* they'll keep going without me, and I won't have a broken leg.

Kade: Well, yes, but you could hold them back for a few minutes.

Graham: Anything you can do to delay your team's take off would help.

Boulder: We need to buy more time to fix the hologram.

Dani: I'll do my best.

*Hanging*

Charlie: Graham, how long will it take to fix the training center costume?

Graham: There's no way to fix it, the whole cloaking device, the hardware that actually creates the hologram, is completely fried.

Kade: don't tell me, there is no backup.

Boulder: oh no, yes there is backup.

Charlie: But?

Boulder: needs to be replaced manually, up on the landing pad, then the whole system needs to be repeated.

Graham: With the projectors out.

Heatwave: That would be an easy five minute job.

Kade: If Elma hadn't locked us up.

Boulders: Exactly.

Cody: Elma is programmed to run diagnostics, right? She can make one herself.

Graham: Good idea, maybe she can tell us why she's acting so strange.

Cody: Elma, run your self-diagnostic program and give us the results.

Elma(hologram): *laughs* sorry, I can't do that.

Cody: *sigh*

Sooha: *thinks and suspects*🤔.

Blurr: um, not to change the subject but, uh, does anyone care that it's three inches? I mean, that's the problem you should be trying to solve.

Quickshadow: Do you think that problem extends to both?

Blurr: yes, we, that's what I meant.

Heatwave: Sorry, but you little ones will have to wait for the hologram to fail first.

Aris(human): Ha ha, for the first time they won't let you be the heroine.

Quickshadow: Enough Aris! I won't put up with your childish behavior anymore!