Chapter 15:Pirates Ahoy

It's once again founder's day at griffin rock and time for Mayor Luskey's speech.

Location: park

Luskey: Citizens of Griffin Rock, welcome to the Founder's Day Celebration!

All: 👏🏻.

Luskey: The anniversary of the day Horace Burns established our beautiful town.

Luskey: Since then griffin rock has seen many other great leaders, including yourself.

Boulder: If this speech goes on any longer, your torch is going to go out.

Kade: don't be nervous little sister, represent generations of our family with everyone watching you, there is no pressure.

Dani: I'm not nervous, I'm honored.

Sooha: yes, especially when you've been chosen to light this year's ceremonial flame.

Blades: I am nervous.

Dani: Blades, all you have to do is pick me up to light the ceremonial flame.

Heatwave: *sarcasm* Yeah, what a great idea, waving a flaming stick on a windy day.

Chase: All fire code requirements have been met heatwave, I personally reviewed them.

Heatwave: I'd be happier with a more controlled flame.

Luskey: Danielle burns is not only an experienced rescuer and descendant of Horace, she also organized the incredibly successful griffin rock clothing drive for the continent.

*Blades goes up to Dani*

Luskey: and that's why this year, Dani was chosen to light this flame...

Huxley: *appears and interrupts* Don't count on this mayor!

Everyone: *Confused*.

Sooha: (! What's wrong?).

Heatwave: (Now what is that clown trying to get attention?).

Huxley: This is huxley prescott! once again revealing the scandals and dark secrets of griffin rock.

Huxley: Right now, I have in my possession proof that the Burns are not...the integrated family that everyone thinks they are.

Sooha: (Huh?!).

Charlie: huxley what are you talking about?

Huxley: It's about the chief closet skeleton, his family closet of him.

Boulder: Is there really a skeleton in the locker at the firehouse?

Graham: I'll explain later.

Huxley: I mean of course Horace Burns's wife, Bertha.

Huxley: Or should I say...Bertha the pirate.

Luskey: Pirate?!

Huxley: And not just any pirate, but the pirate, who in 1652 stole a fortune from the old Griffin Rock Town Hall charity trust.

Everyone: Gasp!

Dani:huxley, what makes you think that Bertha the pirate was the same Bertha that was my great, great, great grandmother?

Huxley: Good question miss burns, me hoho, and a bottle of... this.

*Huxley shows a portrait of Bertha*