Chapter 9:Blame the Gremlins

Blades was flying a kite in the park, watched by the other bots but Cody's warning about letting the string go too far comes too late and the kite gets caught in a tree.

While performing an autopsy, they see Taylor's plane overhead, spewing smoke, the team springs into action and Dani has Taylor steer the plane over the ocean before jumping.

Unfortunately, the plane turns towards the city and Heatwave has to use water to get it away from a building.

Dani uses a security line to get on the plane and steers it away from some houses, however the steering is soon broken and the plane heads straight for the lab.

Opening:

As Dani rescues, Doc runs out in front of the lab and tags the plane with the Collision Foam Cannon by covering it in foam and causing it to land safely on the lab's runway.

Dani: Doc, are you hurt?

Doc: Yeah, I'm fine...thanks to the new foam collision cannon that Boulder and I designed.

Kade: Good thinking doc.

Kade: That foam put out the fire too.

Boulder: It wasn't an advantage we were looking for, we are smarter than we think.

Charlie: You can release the plane now, doc.

And doc removes the foam from the plane.

Cody: What would cause the engine fire?

Dani: From the way the controls stopped, I'd say it was a short circuit.

Graham: The real question is...what made the plane turn back to the island after Taylor left it?

Dani: *kidding* Maybe they were...gremlins.

And Kade recoils in shock, and Dani and Graham start joking and laughing.

Chase: *laughing*

Chase: What are gremlins?

Boulder:...By the way, where's sooha? Wasn't she coming to the park with us?

Heatwave: No, he said he couldn't, he had homework to do, and he also wanted to keep working on the book he's doing.

Heatwave: heh, she wants to document everything to optimus.

Heatwave: Although... I've seen her very tired lately and I'm worried.

Boulder: she She's probably resting, don't worry, we all know that she works very hard every day.

Heatwave: *worried* (I hope so...).

Change of scene:

Back at the station, Cody tells the bots about the gremlins.

Cody:here he is*reading*a gremlin is a mischievous creature that breaks down motors and electronics.

Chase: The bottom line.

Boulder: What is the appearance of a gremlin?

And Cody shows them the image of a gremlin.

Blades: *scared* Aah! Those things get into the machines?

Cody: well...

Chase: That would explain so many mechanical failures that seem to be a plague on this island, escaping clippers for example.