Chapter 12:Small Blessings

The chapter begins with Huxley Prescott, who, as always, broadcasted live an emergency that was happening at the Griffin Rock Dam.

Huxley: Huxley prescott reporting from Griffin rock dam, where a vehicle collided with the guardrail.

And apparently, the woman was still inside the vehicle and was about to fall.

Huxley: Air rescue is on the way.

But it turns out that Kade was on his way to the location with heatwave.

Kade: *driving* not if I get there first.

Kade: hurry heatwave.

Heatwave: Didn't you hear? Blades and Dani are on their way.

Kade: but they don't have all the information, like the name of the damsel in distress.

Kade: *takes a picture* Hayley.

Kade: I've been trying to date her for years, but she doesn't like me.

Heatwave: So we speed down a dangerous road hoping to shock someone who doesn't like you?

Kade: hey, it's a human thing, besides... the same thing happens to you with sooha, isn't it?

Heatwave:...!

Heatwave: *Annoyed* Tsk... what do you care.

Kade: well, you wouldn't understand... Shortcut! *turns the steering wheel and makes them go down a path full of trees*.

And finally they reach the dam.

Dani: back off Kade, air rescue is the safest option.

Kade: *lower* heatwave, transform, I need a ladder.

And the car starts to wobble.

Heatwave: You can't build a bridge, there's nothing to hold it.

Kade: Is it too much for you?

Heatwave: *No choice* ugh...

And he transforms into bot mode, in order to use the ladder and be able to bring Kade closer to Hayley.

Kade: *greets her* Hayley, what a coincidence.

But then the car was about to fall over.

Opening:

The car was about to slip but luckily, Kade manages to reach Hayley's hand, but this causes heatwave to slip.

Dani: Kade, I'll throw a rope.

Kade: No, I already have it! Heatwave!

And he begins to climb, doing so, that they manage to save Hayley, and the car falls into the dam.

Kade: *carrying Hayley* hold on tight Hayley, my bot can be a little clumsy.

Heatwave: *Annoyed inside*.

Then Huxley appears, to interview Kade.

Huxley: Kade burns, luck definitely seems to be on your side.

Kade: *smug* Luck? Nah, more like... skill, I know how to do a rescue, like a brand new galloping knight.

Huxley: And it helps to have a modern rescue bot by your side.

Kade: honestly, it doesn't matter what wheels I'm on, I'm the one who does the heavy lifting *looks at Hayley with a smile* I don't mean you.

Dani: *annoyed* Are you done flirting Kade? Because we have to rescue that truck.