Chapter Ninety-nine 99

There's always hope
Beyond what you see...
                                 ~Cora Connor~

               ~Nine years later~

They were driving for what felt like forever to grandma's house for Eid-el-Fitr.

It was sacrosanct to go to her house for Eid and never miss Eid without her.

"What do you think Eid in London looks like?" Asked Ariana who was eating some chocolate brownies.

"It will be fun but not like grandma's because we won't get to play with Ayman and Zahra and listen to grandma's stories or receive those sweet chocolate from Grandma", replied Aryan who was playing game on the tablet.

"Whatever. Give me the tablet", she urged.

"I won't, go and do something or write stories", taunted Aryan then she gave him a dirty slap and he retaliated.

"What's wrong with you?" Said Islam in her strict mother tone. "You guys are twins so you're supposed to love each other and not fight each other".

"But Ariana started it".

"You're older so be matured", said Ali who was driving.

"And Ariana, don't go asking aunt Khadija whether she's gonna have a baby just keep quiet", added Islam.

"Yes mama, it's just that she and uncle Zayyad don't have a kids like everyone".

"It's for some reasons", explain Ali who was trying to make her understand.

"Baba, you promised to take me to the Polo Club right?" Said Aryan.

"Yes I did", replied Ali who chuckled.

"You're just into polo like your father. Like father like son", said Islam with efforts while grinning at the kids through the rearview mirror.

Islam was looking very restless and weary while reclining on the passenger's seat.

She has been suffering from leukemia after Allah blessed her with twins then couldn't give birth again.

She has also been doing various treatment which was making her tired and jaded in life.

"Mama, are we going back to London again after going to New York and why do we keep moving?" Asked Aryan.

"Hey stop bothering Mama, you're too burdensome".

"Am I".

"Can you guys just shut up".

They eventually arrived at the Nagogo's mansion where there was crowd of people with food and drinks.

"Here they are", said Raqiya as they wait in front of the house with everyone.

They hugged each other like families do. Islam embraced Khadija and Laila because there was no enmity but sister-in-law love.

"Your twins are dazzling", said Raqiya who kissed them on the cheeks.

"Grandma there's alot to tell you about London".

"Let's go".

"I'll catch you up later", said Ali while his hands were hung around her shoulder and very intimate with him then kissed her cheeks and left with Umar to the backyard.

It was because Ramadan has come to an end and they got the chance to eat and eat forever.

The twins then ran to play with their cousins Ayman and Zahra who were Usman and Laila's kids but were not twins.

Islam began packing the foodstuffs then walked to the kitchen to drop them. They brought them from home. Just then Firdausi appeared in her resplendent abaya.