Chapter Eighty 80

"C'mon on sis you can't keep ignoring your breakfast", said Firdausi who opened the windows.

"Just go Firdausi, I'm very tired", she said sulkily and went back under her duvets.

She couldn't delete the previous night's scenario from her head and was fed up with everyone.

She peered at Firdausi who was wearing a familiar blue-red gingham romper and plain shirt.

"Why are you wearing my clothes?"

She looked at herself and said, "Oh, I just looked into your wardrobe for dresses then find this gorgeous 90s thing. Well the last time you wore it was on Abba and Mama's anniversary when you're still in college so I decided to copy that".

"Is today their wedding anniversary?"

"Of course I think nineteenth or eighteenth anniversary and I will tell you my JAMB score if you get your ass out of that blanket".

She didn't hesitated then came out of the duvet. "What's your score?"

"How much will you pay me?"

"Stop it Firdausi just say it", she was nervous and curious.

"It's two hundred and sixty-four", she said then they screamed while hugging each other.

"Look you have a black eye", pointed out Firdausi who embraced her again.

"Hats off for our new Barrister Firdausi Khalid".

"Hey calm down. I made couscous with peppered fish for you, so let's go and eat then plan what to do for Mama and Abba".

"Yes and for you my dear", she added while they walked to the kitchen where she served her on the counter.

"Why don't we throw a dinner party instead of family, let it be family and friends", suggested Firdausi.

"That's a very good idea".

                            **

Later that day, Michelle visited her to help in planning the surprise packages for their parents.

The three of them were very happy to stroll around the superstore tossing valuables into the shopping basket.

She also bought foodstuffs she was planning to give out to the kids in her orphanage and foundation for cancer patients. She was too busy those days that she seldom visit the foundation.

After donating so many items to the foundation they drove home to get ready for the party.

She was wearing sunglasses through out the adventures because of her black eye. She was also ignoring his calls with his older brother's.

They wrapped the gifts in boxes in the wax paper and sealed it with ribbons. She also bought Rolex wristwatch because Mr Khalid loved watches, he never joked with his wristwatch especially in formal and serious meetings. Then bought designer stilettos and bags for her mother because she was a vain dandy and cared about her looks.

"You have a visitor?" Said Firdausi from the living room while she was busy hiding the bruise with her makeup accessories.

She went out hoping it wasn't Usman by the car then saw Laila Nagogo waiting beside her Matrix in pastel pencil gown and scarf with a Chanel purse, she was more concerned about vogues to modesty.

"What do you want?" She asked hostilely.

"Let's grab some cupcakes outside then talk", she said and opened the car door offering her a seat.