Part 2: Chapter 4

Sadia's passing went by so quickly that no one noticed, leading people to believe it was due to a hemorrhage from the accident.

Dr. Mukhtar, the son of their family doctor, Dr. Jameel, was a resident doctor at the time of Sadia's death. He was also a friend of Maryam, Sadia's friend, as they were all studying medicine and surgery together.

Maryam and Sadia had been best friends since their freshman year at Ahmadu Bello University. However, everything changed when Hasan entered the picture. Hasan grew closer to Sadia each day, causing Maryam to resent Sadia due to Hasan's charm and good looks.

On the other hand, Dr. Mukhtar was pursuing Maryam, who was not interested. After Sadia's accident, Maryam conspired with Dr. Mukhtar to eliminate Sadia and promised to marry him.

Ultimately, Maryam married an Arabian man and moved to Kuwait. She vowed to face the consequences of their actions together and revealed the truth to the Nagogo family with an audio recording of their conversation.

Maryam faced the appropriate consequences, and life resumed. Islam was not troubled as her actions were not entirely her fault. She kept her painful secret to herself and moved forward.

                         **

"Inhale, exhale," said Islam, trying to catch her breath while doing yoga on the trampoline.

It was her first day at the gym, and she hoped it would be exhilarating and provide a break from her stressful life, especially with Usman not answering her calls or texts.

Sitting with her legs intertwined, she waited for their mentor to guide them through the activities.

"You're beautiful and hot," a voice said. Islam opened her eyes to see a woman in a nylon sweatshirt and pants sitting beside her. The golden morning sun illuminated the sea-blue sky.

"Thank you," Islam responded. "I'm Islam."

"Shahed, I used to have a male friend named Islam," the woman shared.

"Oh, Islam is a unisex name used worldwide. Are you also attending the morning classes alone?" Islam inquired politely.

The atmosphere was serene as they awaited the start of their yoga session, enjoying the peaceful morning and the company of their fellow gym-goers. The trampoline added an element of fun and challenge to their workout routine, making the experience both refreshing and invigorating.

"Oh yeah, I have kids to look after, so I don't stay long here," explained Shahed. "I'm a mother of two. I recently joined the keep-fit class because I don't want to look all fat and plumpy. You know men, you try and try to get their eyes off other women, but they are irresistible when it comes to women. I'm his first and last."

"That must be tough. So, who's the lady mentoring us?" asked Islam as she took a sip of water from her bottle.

"Oh, Dr. Hawwa, she's sixty-three but looks forty. She's everyone's role model in the keep-fit class," Shahed explained while stretching her limbs and applying some chapstick for a quick touch-up.

Islam glanced around the gym and noticed it was a women-only gym, devoid of any men.

Just then, a curvy woman in a tracksuit arrived, and everyone began to prepare as she announced the day's activities. "Good morning, students, welcome to my keep-fit class. As usual, I'm Dr. Hawwa, your physiotherapist. Today, we're doing a few Pilates classes. Practicing Pilates regularly has many benefits! It can improve core strength, flexibility, posture, and balance. It also helps to tone and sculpt your muscles. Plus, it's a great way to relax and relieve stress."