Chapter Seventy-nine 79

She was apparently coughing and gasping for air when they landed out of the water.

"You okay?" Asked a man in glasses who was making soothing circles on her back while she sat on the chair.

"Okay here am I", said Ali who finally came back. "Are you sure you okay, why did you have to go close to water when you knew you couldn't swim".

"I was just looking and then a stupid kid shoved me then I don't know.

For your information, i know how to swim".

"Then how comes you're drowning".

"I'm not".

"Whatever, I want you to meet my bosom school friend Mukhtar".

"Nice to meet you", said the glass man while she effortlessly smiled.

"And he's going to continue the rest of the projects with us".

"That's nice".

"Uhmm excuse me, I need to answer these call", said Mukhtar then set forth.

"You should be careful next time", he advised and lambasted.

"I was being, it's not like anyone cares", she shrugged while holding the towel draped around her. She was slightly shuddering.

"You know sometimes you behave weirdly and selflessly thinking no one cares about you but actually, someone does", he said while looking at the pool.

"What do you mean?"

"You're special and..one in a million. You made me believe it's not about always winning but learning from mistakes".

She was quiet and listening attentively.

"Islam..." He pursed then wet his lips still quiet. "I just want to say..."

"Okay bro. Someone wants to meet you at the balcony", barracked Mukhtar while he left.

She started coughing that made her chest hurt then stared at the sky, and at the fireworks afar.

It began like a whistle or bang then rocket  and exploding in billions of green and white flakes high in the sky.

She was chuckling at the unbelievable works.

                       **

Firdausi stood somewhere around the balcony and looking at the fireworks before Nadia came.

"Can we watch it together?" Asked Nadia who was totally sorry.

"No never, I'll rather die than watch with you".

"I'm sorry Firdausi, I know I was being a jerk. I let jealousy ruin my life, I'm so sorry".

"That's what everyone says. They ruin my life and enjoy it then come back and say sorry like I'm just a trash you know garbage", she was in the verge of tearing up.

"I had alot going on in my life, last year, my life just turned upside down and there was no one to care for me", she was sobbing then she grabbed her and hugged her.

It lasted for a very long time before she left.

She was still looking before someone nudge her, she turned back and saw Charles in a white vest showing his biceps and khaki shorts. "Hi".

"Hi, how far?"

"Cool, so what are you doing here?"

"Just having fun".